By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
449,350 Members | 1,213 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 449,350 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

SP1 for .NET Framework 1.1 / Problem with Validation / Buttons (Solution)

P: n/a
Hi there,

(we've already found a solution to the problem - see below, however,
maybe somebody else has the same problem, that's why I'm still sending
this...)

does anybody already have experiences with Service Pack 1 for the .NET
framework?

We've just installed it, and after that, some of the image buttons we're
using don't work anymore. The weird thing is that one of the buttons
works one time and does not another time. We've checked the HTML code of
the button, and it's exactly the same, however, the generated form-code
looks different:

WORKS:
<form name="formASP" method="post"
action="default.aspx?page=OrderProcesK" id="formASP">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="" />

WORKS NOT:
<form name="formASP" method="post" action="default.aspx?page=OrderProcesK"
language="javascript"
onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;" id="formASP">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="" />

We haven't checked the code before installing SP1, so we cannot compare
that... any ideas?
SOLUTION: Our application is run as "root application", and we simply
copied the folder aspnet_client to the directory of the application (it
is not accessible otherwise). Of course, during the installation of SP1,
the folder in our application directory did not get updated and that
caused the problem.

After copying the new JavaScript files to our application directory,
everything is working again. We've also changed the directory structure
of the application now: instead of copying the folder aspnet_client, we
created a virtual directory in our application that is linked to the
original location of the folder (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\)... that way, when
an update of .NET comes with new JavaScript files, there *should* be no
problem...

kind regards,
david
Nov 18 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
I had the same problem, with normal submit buttons too. Thanks to your post
I was able to solve it.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Sherif
"Holger (David) Wagner" <da***@purple-sunshine.de> wrote in message
news:ch**********@svr7.m-online.net...
Hi there,

(we've already found a solution to the problem - see below, however,
maybe somebody else has the same problem, that's why I'm still sending
this...)

does anybody already have experiences with Service Pack 1 for the .NET
framework?

We've just installed it, and after that, some of the image buttons we're
using don't work anymore. The weird thing is that one of the buttons
works one time and does not another time. We've checked the HTML code of
the button, and it's exactly the same, however, the generated form-code
looks different:

WORKS:
<form name="formASP" method="post"
action="default.aspx?page=OrderProcesK" id="formASP">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="" />

WORKS NOT:
<form name="formASP" method="post" action="default.aspx?page=OrderProcesK"
language="javascript"
onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;" id="formASP">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="" />

We haven't checked the code before installing SP1, so we cannot compare
that... any ideas?
SOLUTION: Our application is run as "root application", and we simply
copied the folder aspnet_client to the directory of the application (it
is not accessible otherwise). Of course, during the installation of SP1,
the folder in our application directory did not get updated and that
caused the problem.

After copying the new JavaScript files to our application directory,
everything is working again. We've also changed the directory structure
of the application now: instead of copying the folder aspnet_client, we
created a virtual directory in our application that is linked to the
original location of the folder (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\)... that way, when
an update of .NET comes with new JavaScript files, there *should* be no
problem...

kind regards,
david

Nov 18 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.