By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
440,904 Members | 925 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 440,904 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Database connection error: ADODB.Command error '800a0cc1'

P: 1
I'm hoping someone can help me. I keep receiving the ADODB.Command error '800a0cc1' error (Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.) I found a couple similar errors on the discussions but am not tracking how to apply the fixes into my code, which of course is slightly different...I'm using Visual Interdev 6.0 with MS SQL Enterprise Mgr 8.0. I'm linking an .asp page to a stored procedure and I've simplified both to find the error to no avail...

ASP:
Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set Cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
Conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=XXuser;Password=XXuser;Initial Catalog=OPGIntranet;Data Source=PDXsrv57"
Conn.Open
Set Cmd.ActiveConnection = Conn
strLogonId = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
Response.Write strLogonId
Cmd.CommandType = 4 'adCmdStoredProc
Cmd.CommandText = "usp_Get_UserData" 'ERROR LINE
Cmd.Parameters("@parm_UserLogon").Value = strLogonId
Cmd.Execute()
strUserFirstName = Cmd.Parameters("@parmOut_UserFirstName").Value
Set Cmd = Nothing
Set Conn = Nothing

Stored Procedure: (usp_Get_UserData)
@parm_UserLogon NetworkLogon,
@parmOut_UserFirstName varchar(20) OUTPUT
AS
SET @parmOut_UserFirstName = 'Debbie'
GO

Thanks all!
Aug 3 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


ilearneditonline
Expert 100+
P: 130
Look at this post... Link

I'm hoping someone can help me. I keep receiving the ADODB.Command error '800a0cc1' error (Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.) I found a couple similar errors on the discussions but am not tracking how to apply the fixes into my code, which of course is slightly different...I'm using Visual Interdev 6.0 with MS SQL Enterprise Mgr 8.0. I'm linking an .asp page to a stored procedure and I've simplified both to find the error to no avail...

ASP:
Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set Cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
Conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=XXuser;Password=XXuser;Initial Catalog=OPGIntranet;Data Source=PDXsrv57"
Conn.Open
Set Cmd.ActiveConnection = Conn
strLogonId = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
Response.Write strLogonId
Cmd.CommandType = 4 'adCmdStoredProc
Cmd.CommandText = "usp_Get_UserData" 'ERROR LINE
Cmd.Parameters("@parm_UserLogon").Value = strLogonId
Cmd.Execute()
strUserFirstName = Cmd.Parameters("@parmOut_UserFirstName").Value
Set Cmd = Nothing
Set Conn = Nothing

Stored Procedure: (usp_Get_UserData)
@parm_UserLogon NetworkLogon,
@parmOut_UserFirstName varchar(20) OUTPUT
AS
SET @parmOut_UserFirstName = 'Debbie'
GO

Thanks all!
Aug 4 '07 #2

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.