469,915 Members | 2,697 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,915 developers. It's quick & easy.

Server Application Error

Hello all,

I posted recently about a HTTP1.1/500 Server Error message
I was getting. I was pointed to
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109.

I did everything listed in that FAQ, and I still get the
Server Application Error any time I try to access an ASP
web page. However, the web server will serve up html pages
without a problem.

To be more specific, I have done the following:

* Confirmed that in IE "friendly error messages" are
turned off
* Removed and recreated my default web site application
* Checked the "App Debugging" tab to make sure that "Send
detailed ASP error messages to client" is checked
* Uninstalled and reinstalled IIS from scratch.
* Checked my event logs and found the following warning
(not error) when I started IIS:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root'.
The error was 'Class not registered.'

I originally saw the problem after installing VS 2003
and .NET framework 1.1, but even with those two
uninstalled, I still see the error message if I try to
load something like IISSTART.ASP.

Any ideas?

Steve

Jul 19 '05 #1
9 14330
Steve Battisti wrote:
Hello all,

I posted recently about a HTTP1.1/500 Server Error message
I was getting. I was pointed to
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109.

I did everything listed in that FAQ, and I still get the
Server Application Error any time I try to access an ASP
web page. However, the web server will serve up html pages
without a problem.

To be more specific, I have done the following:

* Confirmed that in IE "friendly error messages" are
turned off
* Removed and recreated my default web site application
* Checked the "App Debugging" tab to make sure that "Send
detailed ASP error messages to client" is checked
* Uninstalled and reinstalled IIS from scratch.
* Checked my event logs and found the following warning
(not error) when I started IIS:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root'.
The error was 'Class not registered.'


I've never experienced this error so I did a Google search. Here are the
results.
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...gistered%2E%27

In particular, this seems promising:
http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=A318

If you provide the event id and source from the event viewer, I'll check a
couple more things out.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
"NO SPAM"
Jul 19 '05 #2
I haven't checked out your suggestions yet, but here is
the event ID and source:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 12/19/2003
Time: 10:59:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DIM8200
Description:
The server failed to load
application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root'. The error was 'Class not
registered
'.
For additional information specific to this message
please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located
at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

-----Original Message-----
I've never experienced this error so I did a Google search. Here are theresults.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF- 8&oe=UTF-8&q=The+server+failed+to+load+application+%27%
2FLM%2FW3SVC%2F1%2FRoot%27%2E+The+error+was+%
27Class+not+registered%2E%27
In particular, this seems promising:
http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=A318

If you provide the event id and source from the event viewer, I'll check acouple more things out.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so Idon't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the"NO SPAM"
.

Jul 19 '05 #3
Steve Battisti wrote:
I haven't checked out your suggestions yet, but here is
the event ID and source:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date: 12/19/2003
Time: 10:59:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DIM8200
Description:
The server failed to load
application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root'. The error was 'Class not
registered
'.
For additional information specific to this message
please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located
at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This is all I could come up with:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...6&source=W3SVC

Bob
Jul 19 '05 #4
How does one run SYNCIWAM?
-----Original Message-----
Steve Battisti wrote:
Hello all,

I posted recently about a HTTP1.1/500 Server Error message I was getting. I was pointed to
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109.

I did everything listed in that FAQ, and I still get the
Server Application Error any time I try to access an ASP
web page. However, the web server will serve up html pages without a problem.

To be more specific, I have done the following:

* Confirmed that in IE "friendly error messages" are
turned off
* Removed and recreated my default web site application
* Checked the "App Debugging" tab to make sure that "Send detailed ASP error messages to client" is checked
* Uninstalled and reinstalled IIS from scratch.
* Checked my event logs and found the following warning
(not error) when I started IIS:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root'. The error was 'Class not registered.'

I've never experienced this error so I did a Google

search. Here are theresults.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF- 8&oe=UTF-8&q=The+server+failed+to+load+application+%27%
2FLM%2FW3SVC%2F1%2FRoot%27%2E+The+error+was+%
27Class+not+registered%2E%27
In particular, this seems promising:
http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=A318

If you provide the event id and source from the event viewer, I'll check acouple more things out.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so Idon't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the"NO SPAM"
.

Jul 19 '05 #5
Steve Battisti wrote:
How does one run SYNCIWAM?

There's an article about it on www.aspfaq.com. A quick search should get it
for you.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
"NO SPAM"
Jul 19 '05 #6
Curiouser and curiouser, as someone once wrote.

Ran SYNCIWAM, and got the following:

Error: 8004E00F:

When I ran it 'verbose', I got the following:

Name, AppIsolated, Package ID
Root, 0,
IISHelp, 2,

Out of process applications defined:
Count:1
{3D14228D-FBE1-11d0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

Error: 8004E00F:

Oddly enough, this is a brand spanking new installation of
XP Pro, so it's not like my system is filthy with junk,
either.

As usual, any suggestions appreciated.

Steve
Jul 19 '05 #7
Steve Battisti wrote:
Curiouser and curiouser, as someone once wrote.

Ran SYNCIWAM, and got the following:

Error: 8004E00F:

When I ran it 'verbose', I got the following:

Name, AppIsolated, Package ID
Root, 0,
IISHelp, 2,

Out of process applications defined:
Count:1
{3D14228D-FBE1-11d0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

Error: 8004E00F:

Oddly enough, this is a brand spanking new installation of
XP Pro, so it's not like my system is filthy with junk,
either.

As usual, any suggestions appreciated.

Steve


I'm stumped. You may wish to try over at .inetserver.iis

Please let us know what the solution is.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
"NO SPAM"
Jul 19 '05 #8
Bob,

Thanks for all of your help. Amazingly, I got it working.
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the reason is because
the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service on my
machine was set to "disabled".

After I enabled it, I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now
it works like a charm. I don't know if that makes any
sense, but there you go.

Thanks again for your help!

Steve
Jul 19 '05 #9
See link: http://www.brooksyounce.com/xp_asp_fix.htm

This guy is a genius!
THANK YOU - IT WORKED!!!

BRIEFLY (if his site disappears) and all obvious things like checking
Event Log, that MSDTC is running, some other basic t/s completed, etc.
and problem persists:

-START-
cd %windir%\system32\inetsrv
rundll32 wamreg.dll, CreateIISPackage
regsvr32 asptxn.dll
IISRESTART
-END-

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
Jul 19 '05 #10

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

6 posts views Thread by Javier Cortés Cortés | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Keith | last post: by
9 posts views Thread by Steve Buster | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by AlanS | last post: by
reply views Thread by Darren | last post: by
12 posts views Thread by Kevin Farless | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Bruce Schechter | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Waqarahmed | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.