By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,287 Members | 1,668 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,287 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Error message 3075 when running trying to run a report from a form

beacon
100+
P: 579
Hi everybody,

[Access 2003]

I have a database that I recently modified to work for a different set of users. When I changed the database, I created different forms that would either preview a report or email a report. The forms create a filter, pass it through OpenArgs(), and then opens the report.

I've tested this out on my test machine as an .mdb and as a .mde, which is the version that is placed on our network drive and used by the users, and it works perfectly. If the report has data, it opens the report. If it doesn't have data, it jumps to the Report_NoData event and displays a message box.

Once I create the .mde and the users attempt to run reports from within the .mde, they get error message 3075, but there is no description with it even though I have code that is supposed to show the Err.Description. I've searched and searched online and have tried troubleshooting with every suggestion I could find, but still am not able to resolve this issue.

The reports have a function that uses the Right() function in it and one of the search results from the Microsoft KB suggested that the library references needed to be reset. I reset them all manually and reset them using the code module provided by Microsoft, but the users are still receiving the error.

I'm at a loss since this is working fine on my test machine, but won't work for the users. I've stepped through the code on my machine and everything appears to follow the correct path with no errors being thrown. I should mention that the error message is thrown regardless of whether the report has data in it or not, which makes things even more confusing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
beacon
Aug 5 '10 #1

✓ answered by Steven Kogan

It sounds like you haven't run the mdb version on a user's machine.

If possible, try running the mdb version on the user's machine and see if the error comes up. If it does then at least you would be able to enter debug mode at the user's machine to see what is causing the error.

Share this Question
Share on Google+
8 Replies


Expert 100+
P: 107
It sounds like you haven't run the mdb version on a user's machine.

If possible, try running the mdb version on the user's machine and see if the error comes up. If it does then at least you would be able to enter debug mode at the user's machine to see what is causing the error.
Aug 5 '10 #2

Expert 100+
P: 107
Have you tried the code at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/194374 ?

I'm not quite sure if that would work with multiple users on the same mde.

Let me know if it works...
Aug 5 '10 #3

dsatino
100+
P: 393
Sorry to vague with the answer, but I can't remember what exactly I did. I had the same exact issue and it was definitely related to the library references.

I think it was that two libraries had the same function and it couldn't decide which one to use so it just errored.
Aug 5 '10 #4

NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,768
The best I've got is from an error message table I set up a while ago.
|1 in query expression '|2'.
|1 & |2 are replaceable items so are filled in depending on context. It appears to be query related though, if that's any help at all.

That said, as library references are related to the configuration of Access on the specific PC, I think that is a more likely avenue to explore. The suggestions in here seem quite a good idea to explore :)
Aug 5 '10 #5

missinglinq
Expert 2.5K+
P: 3,532
I agree. When apps run fine on one machine and not on another or run fine in one version and not when run under a newer version, the first thing you have to think about are missing references.

Here are Doug Steele's detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the problem:

http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/Ac...nceErrors.html

BTW, that error message

|1 in query expression '|2'

has got to be the most cryptic in a variable sea of cryptic error messages from Microsoft!

Linq ;0)>
Aug 5 '10 #6

NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,768
To be fair it's never shown in anger without the variable bits. These can make a great deal of difference depending on what they contain.

It's not good as it stands, but possibly a little better than "Error 3075" :D
Aug 5 '10 #7

beacon
100+
P: 579
Thanks everybody for your replies.

Turns out the problem was Group Policy. I downloaded Redemption and decided to push it out to all machines, but for some reason it didn't take despite all my testing. So, in essence, the problem was the references, but it went a step further because the references that I thought were there didn't actually install.

Had I tested the .mdb on the user's machines prior to creating the .mde, like Steve suggested, I probably wouldn't have had any problems, but I didn't even think to check the .mdb.

Thanks everybody for your help.
Aug 7 '10 #8

NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,768
Nice work Steven.

We should make him an expert (Oh, we did already :D)!
Aug 9 '10 #9

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.