By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,520 Members | 1,246 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,520 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

When I changed the path in the xml file my .mdb throws error ?

P: 26
Hi All,

I get a .txt file from a Samba drive EE\e1\e1 and , feed it to my access application.
ALso a separate shared database is used , which is in another drive say DD\d1\d2
O/p to be kept in OO\o1\o2

Now the application is being moved to a new drive MM
I just changed the path of o/p data to to kept in and the shared database path.

Get an error message as could not find APPLI inside MM\APPLI\Production\filename

The input text file should not be searched at this location at all.I should be searched in teh samba drive.

On clicking debug get this error :

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", sDatabaseName, acTable, "MSysIMEXSpecs", "MSysIMEXSpecs"
This line comes after these lines:------

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. sDbName = configvariable("stagingpath") & sPartFileName & Format$(dCOB, "YYYYMMDD") & "_raw.mdb"
  2.     sFileName = configvariable("inputfilepath") & "Appli_" & sPartFileName & "_" & Format$(dCOB, "DDMMYYYY") & ".txt"
  3.  
  4.     If Dir(sDbName) <> "" Then Kill sDbName
  5.     accApplication.NewCurrentDatabase sDatabaseName
  6.     accApplication.CloseCurrentDatabase
  7.  
  8.  



I need to change the paths and make the application work in new drives.

Please help ...Write about every possible thing that might have gone wrong.I will test it and see.



2) Another problem :::::::

In another applications xml i just found paths , but not in tags liek <config><staging path></stagingpath></config>

Whe the application runs the paths can be seen , in debug mode , but in xml making changes , how does someone proceed ?



Thanks
Titli
Jul 29 '10 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
2 Replies


Expert Mod 2.5K+
P: 2,545
Hi. TransferDatabase is failing because it cannot find the path to the database that has been specified. From the limited information available in the code fragment you post you need to look at what 'stagingpath' is referring to within function configvariable in line:

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. sDbName = configvariable("stagingpath") & sPartFileName & Format$(dCOB, "YYYYMMDD") & "_raw.mdb"
Perhaps there is a table somewhere within your application which stores config information such as the DB path?

Beyond that I think you are going to have to spend time tracing function configvariable with the debugger to find out how the original application was set up.

On the second part of your question, there is little we can do to help you with low-level detail such as how to change xml tags with path information in them. This is something you will have to do yourself once you understand the way the paths are structured.

-Stewart
Jul 31 '10 #2

P: 26
Hi Stewart ,

thanks for your response.Yes my staging path was incomplete.I was just getting the file name as sDbname.Whereas in previous place from where i was running teh application showed teh full statging path.Will investigate more.Because in xml file i didn't even chnage the staging path.


Thanks !!!
Titli
Aug 2 '10 #3

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.