By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,089 Members | 1,964 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,089 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Converting accdb to accde VBA code is not working

100+
P: 222
Dear friends

I am working on access 2007 sp2.

I do have a database(accdb) i converted it to accde.

While I am opening the converted database the VBA code is not working.

For example
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. docmd.maximize
on each form is not working and forms won't maximize

Is it a bug on my office or I am doing something wrong...


Could you please point me to the write direction


Thank you all
Nov 8 '09 #1

✓ answered by mshmyob

Before converting it into an accde format you should test ALL your code by "compiling" it. Everything may appear to work in the accdb version but when converted won't work if there are some problems.

To "compile" it you open your accdb version and go into any of the code. Then select the DEBUG menu option and select COMPILE (1st option). If you get any errors then fix them and the compile again just to double check. Then try creating your accde again.

Try this and let us know.

cheers,

Share this Question
Share on Google+
11 Replies


missinglinq
Expert 2.5K+
P: 3,532
Are you running the accde file from the same folder as the original accdb was run from, or from somewhere else? Does other code run?

Remember that in order for code to run in Access 2007, the file has to be in a folder that has been set as "Trusted."

Linq ;0)>
Nov 8 '09 #2

100+
P: 222
Yeah I am running my accde file in the same folder root.

also I added a trusted location and I enabled all macros.

Nothing on the code is working (VBA) Macros are working well.

P.S all code is working well before the accde conversion
Nov 8 '09 #3

P: 6
HI Wassim,


I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to solve it?

Regards
Meir R.
Mar 9 '10 #4

100+
P: 222
No didn t get any solutions yet ...
Mar 11 '10 #5

mshmyob
Expert 100+
P: 903
Before converting it into an accde format you should test ALL your code by "compiling" it. Everything may appear to work in the accdb version but when converted won't work if there are some problems.

To "compile" it you open your accdb version and go into any of the code. Then select the DEBUG menu option and select COMPILE (1st option). If you get any errors then fix them and the compile again just to double check. Then try creating your accde again.

Try this and let us know.

cheers,
Mar 11 '10 #6

P: 6
HI

I was just going to post the solution of "Compiling" the code before the converting to ACCDE. In Access 2003 and earlier version the conversion automatically did a "Compile" seems that 2007 doesn't. So even if there are no problems with the code you still need to "officially" compile it.

Thanks

Regards

Meir
Mar 11 '10 #7

TheSmileyCoder
Expert Mod 100+
P: 2,321
You also need to compile it in Access 2003. At least that has been my experience.
Mar 11 '10 #8

P: 1
Hi ev one
I got the same problem with Access 2010

I did the Compiling and it worked just fine.

It seems to b that also in Access 2010 you must Compile before covert to ACCDE file.

tnx to u all
Nizar
Nov 12 '10 #9

P: 13
Hi Mshmyob

Thanks a lot for this information. You make my day and now it works perfectly
Jun 6 '16 #10

NeoPa
Expert Mod 15k+
P: 31,494
Actually that solution was first posted by Mshmyob in post #6. Nizar simply posted, like yourself, to thank the earlier posters for their assistance.

Glad that you got the help you needed anyway :-)
Jun 6 '16 #11

P: 13
I changed my post and you're right, Giving credit where credit is due

one must give to Caesar what is Caesar's'.
Jun 7 '16 #12

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.