By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
434,761 Members | 1,878 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 434,761 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Losing font information - could it be decompile?

P: n/a
Has anyone ever encountered this problem? When I open forms or
reports, everything seems to have reverted to Arial & Times (displays
and prints whether in preview or design view) . If I select a
particular control, the correct font appears on the formatting toolbar
(or under properties). If I then click on the font name or size
(without making any changes ,just re-selecting it), the control now
displays with the proper font and size.

The only clue I have is that I believe it happens after a decompile,
or possibly after importing all objects to a new database after a
corruption. I can not find any reference to this phenomenon in the
groups.

It's very puzzling & frustrating because I don't want to revisit every
one of my many many forms and reports! On the other hand, I do need
the ability to reduce the size.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Jan 3 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
pe***********@aol.com wrote:
>Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
What version of Access? Have all the SPs been applied?
>The only clue I have is that I believe it happens after a decompile,
or possibly after importing all objects to a new database after a
corruption. I can not find any reference to this phenomenon in the
groups.
I very much doubt a decompile would make this change as it only affects the compiled
VBA code. (Or at least it's supposed to. )

Thus I'd suspect the importing. However I wonder if this is on a new system and the
font didn't/doesn't exist on the new system.

That said I use Arial for all my fonts so I don't know about this particular problem.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
read the entire thread of messages.
Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
Jan 3 '08 #2

P: n/a
Using Access 97, Windows XP. All fonts are present.

I would have to test further to try to isolate whether it's from an
import - but still, why should this happen?
On Jan 2, 11:57*pm, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.netwrote:
penguin732...@aol.com wrote:
Has anyone ever encountered this problem? *

What version of Access? * Have all the SPs been applied?
The only clue I have is that I believe it happens after a decompile,
or possibly after importing all objects to a new database after a
corruption. *I can not find any reference to this phenomenon in the
groups.

I very much doubt a decompile would make this change as it only affects the compiled
VBA code. *(Or at least it's supposed to. )

Thus I'd suspect the importing. *However I wonder if this is on a new system and the
font didn't/doesn't exist on the new system.

That said I use Arial for all my fonts so I don't know about this particular problem.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
* *Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
read the entire thread of messages.
* *Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
* *Tony's Microsoft Access Blog -http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
Jan 4 '08 #3

P: n/a
pe***********@aol.com wrote:
>I would have to test further to try to isolate whether it's from an
import - but still, why should this happen?
No idea. It doesn't make any sense. But then I've never gotten very fancy when it
comes to fonts.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
read the entire thread of messages.
Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
Jan 4 '08 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.