469,623 Members | 1,342 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,623 developers. It's quick & easy.

Subquery returned more than 1 value

Hi,

I'm using Form and a subform control within that form. Main form is
getting data from one table(Buildings) and subform is getting data from
another table(BldgDataByFloor). but both the form and subform are
linked through a child field which is common in both the
tables(BuildingNumber).

Now, whenever I close the form I receive an error
"Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the
subquery follows =,!=,<,<=,>,>= or when the subquery is used as an
expression."

I'm not being able to debug and catch exactly where this error is
coming. I don't have any stored procedure or trigger written for that
form or subform.

Please if any one has faced the same error or has solution to this kind
of error then do guide me.
Thanks for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Nov 15 '06 #1
3 2705
If you've checked the subform control's Link Master Field and Link Child
Field properties, simply delete the subform. Save the main form. Drop the
subform back in the design of the main form and use the wizard to create the
link. HTH

Shals wrote:
>Hi,

I'm using Form and a subform control within that form. Main form is
getting data from one table(Buildings) and subform is getting data from
another table(BldgDataByFloor). but both the form and subform are
linked through a child field which is common in both the
tables(BuildingNumber).

Now, whenever I close the form I receive an error
"Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the
subquery follows =,!=,<,<=,>,>= or when the subquery is used as an
expression."

I'm not being able to debug and catch exactly where this error is
coming. I don't have any stored procedure or trigger written for that
form or subform.

Please if any one has faced the same error or has solution to this kind
of error then do guide me.
Thanks for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.
--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...ccess/200611/1

Nov 15 '06 #2
I tried doing that, but it didn't help :-( anyother suggestions!!!
kingston via AccessMonster.com wrote:
If you've checked the subform control's Link Master Field and Link Child
Field properties, simply delete the subform. Save the main form. Drop the
subform back in the design of the main form and use the wizard to create the
link. HTH

Shals wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Form and a subform control within that form. Main form is
getting data from one table(Buildings) and subform is getting data from
another table(BldgDataByFloor). but both the form and subform are
linked through a child field which is common in both the
tables(BuildingNumber).

Now, whenever I close the form I receive an error
"Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the
subquery follows =,!=,<,<=,>,>= or when the subquery is used as an
expression."

I'm not being able to debug and catch exactly where this error is
coming. I don't have any stored procedure or trigger written for that
form or subform.

Please if any one has faced the same error or has solution to this kind
of error then do guide me.
Thanks for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...ccess/200611/1
Nov 16 '06 #3
Did you try recreating the main form too? You have absolutely no code
attached to either form so it can't be that (although bad code somewhere else
might be causing a problem - do a compile project to find out). Did you
check all field and control names for reserved words? Compact and Repair
probably isn't of any help either. One other thing that you can try is to
build a query to feed the form instead of relying on Access's subform. I'm
sorry I can't be of more help.

Shals wrote:
>I tried doing that, but it didn't help :-( anyother suggestions!!!
>If you've checked the subform control's Link Master Field and Link Child
Field properties, simply delete the subform. Save the main form. Drop the
[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...ccess/200611/1
--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...ccess/200611/1

Nov 17 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by leegold2 | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Kenny G | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by reap76 | last post: by
reply views Thread by gheharukoh7 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.