By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
446,293 Members | 1,382 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 446,293 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Strange Report behavior

P: n/a
I have a report with a subreport. On the main report I reference a
total from the footer of the subreport. This works fine on most
computers but I have one computer that give's me an #ERROR in Total on
the Main Report. The computer in questions is running Access 2003 sp2
with windows xp as are the other computers where this report works
fine. I can't seem to figure out whats going on. Has any one out
there seen this before. I've compacted and repaired, uninstalled and
reinstalled Access but nothing seems to help. Any Ideas would be much
appreciated.

Oct 16 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
2 Replies


P: n/a
Have you checked your references? While in an Access module on the
misbehaving computer go to Tools: References and make sure they match those
on your well behaved computers

"Rick" <ri*********@minneapolis.eduwrote in message
news:11**********************@i3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>I have a report with a subreport. On the main report I reference a
total from the footer of the subreport. This works fine on most
computers but I have one computer that give's me an #ERROR in Total on
the Main Report. The computer in questions is running Access 2003 sp2
with windows xp as are the other computers where this report works
fine. I can't seem to figure out whats going on. Has any one out
there seen this before. I've compacted and repaired, uninstalled and
reinstalled Access but nothing seems to help. Any Ideas would be much
appreciated.

Oct 16 '06 #2

P: n/a
Kc-Mass wrote:
Have you checked your references? While in an Access module on the
misbehaving computer go to Tools: References and make sure they match those
on your well behaved computers
Thanks for the reply Kc. I have checked the References and they are
the same but in digging a little further I discovered that the
misbehaving computer has sp 2 installed and the others don't. The ones
that work doen't even have sp1 installed. So far that's the only
difference I can find. I have no problem referencing subforms from
forms and one would think a subreport would use similar logic but
something is keeping it from working. I quess I'll just have to keep
digging or uninstall and try without sp2 installed.

Oct 17 '06 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.