By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,647 Members | 1,433 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,647 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Record source problem

P: n/a
Hi

I Saved As... a form to another name and change the new forms data source.
The problem is that the new form does not show any data with the new data
source. I have tried compact & repair and decompiling but no luck.
Eventually I had to put in the form load event the command
DoCmd.RunCommand (acCmdRemoveFilterSort) to make the form show any data. Why
would the form have a filter attached to it so stubbornly?

Thanks

Regards
Sep 3 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
John wrote:
I Saved As... a form to another name and change the new forms data
source. The problem is that the new form does not show any data with
the new data source. I have tried compact & repair and decompiling
but no luck. Eventually I had to put in the form load event the
command DoCmd.RunCommand (acCmdRemoveFilterSort) to make the form show any
data. Why would the form have a filter attached to it so stubbornly?
Does the new RecordSource have all the same field names? If not you have to
change the ControlSource property of all your controls to the new field names.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com
Sep 3 '06 #2

P: n/a
After reassigning record source I reassigned fields as well so they are OK.
Also it works if I use the remove filter command either in vba or manually.

Regards
"Rick Brandt" <ri*********@hotmail.comwrote in message
news:1b****************@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com ...
John wrote:
>I Saved As... a form to another name and change the new forms data
source. The problem is that the new form does not show any data with
the new data source. I have tried compact & repair and decompiling
but no luck. Eventually I had to put in the form load event the
command DoCmd.RunCommand (acCmdRemoveFilterSort) to make the form show
any
data. Why would the form have a filter attached to it so stubbornly?

Does the new RecordSource have all the same field names? If not you have
to change the ControlSource property of all your controls to the new field
names.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com

Sep 3 '06 #3

P: n/a
John wrote:
After reassigning record source I reassigned fields as well so they
are OK. Also it works if I use the remove filter command either in
vba or manually.
If you see records when you use "remove filter" then the reason you don't see
records is because of a filter beking applied. Most likely you have the
DataEntry property set to true.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com
Sep 3 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.