468,514 Members | 1,121 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 468,514 developers. It's quick & easy.

Vanishing Sub-Form Data

ADezii
8,799 Expert 8TB
I am experiencing an extremely peculiar problem, which occurred immediately after converting a self-contained Access 2003 database to a Front/Back End architecture. When I enter a specific field ([SubLocation]) in a Sub-Form and move the Mouse to other Records within the same field context, all values in those fields will consecutively disappear. The integrity of the underlying data is intact and a Data Refresh, Form/Sub-Form Requery, or Refreshing the Table Links does not solve the problem. The Main Form must be closed and opened again for the data to be properly displayed. This problem does not exist within the self-contained version of the database. There is no code in the MouseMove Event of this field. The Enter Event of this field contains code, which modifies the RecordSource of the [SubLocation] field based on the value of the current [Location]. I am at my wits end can anyone provide some insight into this situation? Thanks
Apr 23 '06 #1
7 2119
NeoPa
32,097 Expert Mod 16PB
Did you ever get a resolution to this ADezii?
Jan 9 '07 #2
ADezii
8,799 Expert 8TB
Did you ever get a resolution to this ADezii?
No one from this planet has ever encountered a similar problem, and to this day I have never found the underlying cause. Had to create spaghetti code that writes to a Local Table then updates the Back End on the Server. A real nightmare for keeing the data in sync, since other Users are duplicating this process on their localized Front Ends. Thanks for the thought.
Jan 10 '07 #3
nico5038
3,079 Expert 2GB
Hmm, I've had some strange problems when a bound field was present on the report, but the field was removed from the report's query.
Perhaps worthwhile to check your fields.

Did you also try to decompile the splitted .mdb ?

Nic;o)
Jan 10 '07 #4
PEB
1,418 Expert 1GB
I am experiencing an extremely peculiar problem, which occurred immediately after converting a self-contained Access 2003 database to a Front/Back End architecture. When I enter a specific field ([SubLocation]) in a Sub-Form and move the Mouse to other Records within the same field context, all values in those fields will consecutively disappear. The integrity of the underlying data is intact and a Data Refresh, Form/Sub-Form Requery, or Refreshing the Table Links does not solve the problem. The Main Form must be closed and opened again for the data to be properly displayed. This problem does not exist within the self-contained version of the database. There is no code in the MouseMove Event of this field. The Enter Event of this field contains code, which modifies the RecordSource of the [SubLocation] field based on the value of the current [Location]. I am at my wits end can anyone provide some insight into this situation? Thanks

Hi,

I've had the same problem! There is long time that i'ven' t had it but before i've removed all heavy code and expressions.

Pls verify that there is no null data that participate in ur recordset and u check in it for not null data!

Yesterday just i've had this pb with Access 2.0! Imagine only! :)
Jan 10 '07 #5
PEB
1,418 Expert 1GB
Sometimes i've other pb: in All Fields it is written #Name and can't see anything behind!


And in fact also when there is no users and i'm the only one in the front end /back end database this prb appeared!

Check ur expressions! Do them sas simplier as possible! And expect the use of null!
Jan 10 '07 #6
ADezii
8,799 Expert 8TB
Hmm, I've had some strange problems when a bound field was present on the report, but the field was removed from the report's query.
Perhaps worthwhile to check your fields.

Did you also try to decompile the splitted .mdb ?

Nic;o)
Tried that also, thanks.
Jan 10 '07 #7
ADezii
8,799 Expert 8TB
Hi,

I've had the same problem! There is long time that i'ven' t had it but before i've removed all heavy code and expressions.

Pls verify that there is no null data that participate in ur recordset and u check in it for not null data!

Yesterday just i've had this pb with Access 2.0! Imagine only! :)
Data in question are all Required, Numeric Fields derived from a multicolumn Combo Box.
Jan 10 '07 #8

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

7 posts views Thread by Andrew Ducker | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Kathy Burke | last post: by
reply views Thread by Michael | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Linda | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Sharon | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by mark4asp | last post: by
36 posts views Thread by TC | last post: by
reply views Thread by NPC403 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.