By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
454,966 Members | 1,110 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 454,966 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Emailing report via access without outlook prompting user!

P: n/a
Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to email a report via access...

I get a Outlook message stating 'a program is trying to automatically
send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want allow this?

This report will be emailed in the early hours of the morning when no
users are around to click 'Yes!'Is there a way to prevent this from
happening, so the report gets emailed without user interaction?

Any help would be gratefully received!!!!

Kind regards
Adrian

Nov 16 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
ad**************@bbc.co.uk wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to email a report via access...

I get a Outlook message stating 'a program is trying to automatically
send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want allow this?
This is a "feature" of the newest version of Outlook.
This pop-up did not appear prior to Outlook 2002 (i think).
This report will be emailed in the early hours of the morning when no
users are around to click 'Yes!'Is there a way to prevent this from
happening, so the report gets emailed without user interaction?


There are a couple of work arounds. If these Outlook users are attached
to an Exchange server then the Exachange Admin can turn this prompt off,
if s/he is willing to help you out.

Alternately, if you search Google using the text of the prompt you'll
come across a few utilities that automatically press "Yes" for you.

This is the Google search I used:
Microsoft Outlook "automatically send" email "on your behalf"
Nov 16 '05 #2

P: n/a
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:54:20 GMT, Beowulf <be*****************@hotmail.com>
wrote:
ad**************@bbc.co.uk wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to email a report via access...

I get a Outlook message stating 'a program is trying to automatically
send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want allow this?


This is a "feature" of the newest version of Outlook.
This pop-up did not appear prior to Outlook 2002 (i think).
This report will be emailed in the early hours of the morning when no
users are around to click 'Yes!'Is there a way to prevent this from
happening, so the report gets emailed without user interaction?


There are a couple of work arounds. If these Outlook users are attached
to an Exchange server then the Exachange Admin can turn this prompt off,
if s/he is willing to help you out.

Alternately, if you search Google using the text of the prompt you'll
come across a few utilities that automatically press "Yes" for you.

This is the Google search I used:
Microsoft Outlook "automatically send" email "on your behalf"


Any of these work-arounds could also be used by malicious software, therefore,
if MS continues to be vigilant, these methods will also be thwarted soon. I
believe the best approach will be to stop using Outlook and start using a
tools that is specifically for the purpose of sending e-mail under script
control, such as "blat" (http://www.blat.net/).

I have used "blat" in the past, and it works very well. You just have to make
sure that, if e-mail is outbound via Exchange Server, the server is set up to
allow SMTP mail forwarding from machines on the internal network (and from
nowhere else, of course). If Exchange Server is not or does not have to be in
the loop, then you don't have to worry about this part.
Nov 16 '05 #3

P: n/a


We were recommended to

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/

It works well in our application which is Access to Outlook/Exchange
Server

It asks the first time it sees a particular file when you nominate to
allow always/allow this time/not allow. Then it remembers.

We send a few standard messages a lot of times and this really suits our
app.

gus

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Nov 17 '05 #4

P: n/a


We were recommended to

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/

It works well in our application which is Access to Outlook/Exchange
Server

It asks the first time it sees a particular file when you nominate to
allow always/allow this time/not allow. Then it remembers.

We send a few standard messages a lot of times and this really suits our
app.

gus

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Nov 17 '05 #5

P: n/a
Steve Jorgensen wrote:
<Snip>

Any of these work-arounds could also be used by malicious software, therefore,
if MS continues to be vigilant, these methods will also be thwarted soon. I
believe the best approach will be to stop using Outlook and start using a
tools that is specifically for the purpose of sending e-mail under script
control, such as "blat" (http://www.blat.net/).

I have used "blat" in the past, and it works very well. You just have to make
sure that, if e-mail is outbound via Exchange Server, the server is set up to
allow SMTP mail forwarding from machines on the internal network (and from
nowhere else, of course). If Exchange Server is not or does not have to be in
the loop, then you don't have to worry about this part.


I have also used blat to send mail through an SMTP server running on
localhost. It works quite well, but in my application required writing
out a number of temporary .BAT files that created a blat profile and
then constructed the command line to email the file + attachment.

Another option might be looking into CDO if you have access to an SMTP
server to relay your mail through.
Nov 17 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.