By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,073 Members | 1,224 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,073 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Ongoing problem with Unknown Function Replace

P: n/a
Hello,

I have an ongoing problem with a single machine not recognizing the
REPLACE function.

This is a WinXP Pro machine, running Office 2000 (SP3) with MDAC 2.8
(SR1) and Jet 4 installed.

The references are all identical to every other machine running this
app.
If I open this DB on another machine (the exact same front end, via
network) it works fine.

I have made sure that modules refer explicitly to dao.database and
dao.recordset where appropriate - but this doesn't apply to the replace
function.....

Is there something else I can try to update/fix this one machine.

Thanks,

Mal.

Nov 13 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
What is the SP level of Jet dll file? If I recall correctly, the Replace
issue was fixed in SP6 of msojet40.dll.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
<ma******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
Hello,

I have an ongoing problem with a single machine not recognizing the
REPLACE function.

This is a WinXP Pro machine, running Office 2000 (SP3) with MDAC 2.8
(SR1) and Jet 4 installed.

The references are all identical to every other machine running this
app.
If I open this DB on another machine (the exact same front end, via
network) it works fine.

I have made sure that modules refer explicitly to dao.database and
dao.recordset where appropriate - but this doesn't apply to the replace
function.....

Is there something else I can try to update/fix this one machine.

Thanks,

Mal.

Nov 13 '05 #2

P: n/a
Well,
I will check on that.
But until very recently the mdb was working just fine....
now any db on the machine will not run the function.

?????
Mal.

Nov 13 '05 #3

P: n/a
> issue was fixed in SP6 of msojet40.dll.

- and broken in some obscure way by SP8

We gave up and put the User Defined Functions
back in for InStrRev and Replace. We had a
development machine here in the office that
couldn't use Replace, and if we couldn't identify
the problem here in the office, it didn't look
good for deployment to clients.

Notice that InStrRev is not listed as either
'blocked' or 'safe in sandbox mode':

How to configure Jet 4.0 to prevent unsafe functions from running in Access
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default...98&Product=acc
Clearly InStrRev cannot be used in Jet sandbox mode:
(?) But Access Sandbox Mode is supposed to control
Jet Sandbox mode.(?)

Perhaps there is an installation or registration
problem, or perhaps there is something about sandbox
mode.

(david)
"Ken Snell" <kt***********@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
news:ku******************************@comcast.com. ..
What is the SP level of Jet dll file? If I recall correctly, the Replace
issue was fixed in SP6 of msojet40.dll.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
<ma******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
Hello,

I have an ongoing problem with a single machine not recognizing the
REPLACE function.

This is a WinXP Pro machine, running Office 2000 (SP3) with MDAC 2.8
(SR1) and Jet 4 installed.

The references are all identical to every other machine running this
app.
If I open this DB on another machine (the exact same front end, via
network) it works fine.

I have made sure that modules refer explicitly to dao.database and
dao.recordset where appropriate - but this doesn't apply to the replace
function.....

Is there something else I can try to update/fix this one machine.

Thanks,

Mal.


Nov 13 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.