By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,489 Members | 1,777 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,489 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Compile/ADE Weirdness

P: n/a
Been having a lot of trouble lately getting one very large ADP file to
save as an ADE.

-All modules (including form and report modules) using Option Explicit
(checked and double-checked that.)
-Database compiles fine (no errors.)
-No missing references.
-Have removed and replaced existing references.
-Have imported all objects into new ADP database file (many times.)
-Have used the \decompile switch (many times.)

After all of this, still having major problems getting this to save as
an ADE.
This database has 100-ish forms, 45-ish reports, 30-ish modules.

I started deleting all the form/report code modules, saving and then
pasting code back (what a drag task.)

Then, tried this with success...

used the \decompile switch - opened the database - created an ADE
WITHOUT compiling first - and it works (sometimes.) If I use the
\decompile switch, open and compile before attempting to create an ADE
file = 100% failure.

Head scratching now...

lq

Nov 13 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
On 8 Nov 2005 18:00:18 -0800, "Lauren Quantrell"
<la*************@hotmail.com> wrote:

Don't keep us guessing. What are the errors you're getting?

Btw, we have an app of that size, and never had these problems.
I might suspect the machine you're doing this on. Try a "clean
machine".

-Tom.
Been having a lot of trouble lately getting one very large ADP file to
save as an ADE.

-All modules (including form and report modules) using Option Explicit
(checked and double-checked that.)
-Database compiles fine (no errors.)
-No missing references.
-Have removed and replaced existing references.
-Have imported all objects into new ADP database file (many times.)
-Have used the \decompile switch (many times.)

After all of this, still having major problems getting this to save as
an ADE.
This database has 100-ish forms, 45-ish reports, 30-ish modules.

I started deleting all the form/report code modules, saving and then
pasting code back (what a drag task.)

Then, tried this with success...

used the \decompile switch - opened the database - created an ADE
WITHOUT compiling first - and it works (sometimes.) If I use the
\decompile switch, open and compile before attempting to create an ADE
file = 100% failure.

Head scratching now...

lq


Nov 13 '05 #2

P: n/a
Oh, yeah, forgot that part: "'Microsoft Access was unable to create an
ADE database"
lq

Nov 13 '05 #3

P: n/a
On 8 Nov 2005 18:13:10 -0800, "Lauren Quantrell"
<la*************@hotmail.com> wrote:

Oh, one of them helpful error messages. :-)
-Tom.

Oh, yeah, forgot that part: "'Microsoft Access was unable to create an
ADE database"
lq


Nov 13 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.