469,927 Members | 1,772 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,927 developers. It's quick & easy.

Error 430, CopyFromRecordset with DAO 3.6

I know there have been plenty of posts online about this issue, but I
have yet to find a solution. I am desperate for a good answer.

The issue is: with newly-built PCs and, as it happens, our web server,
we are getting an Automation error (Error 430) when trying to use DAO
CopyFromRecordset.

It's your typical copyfromrecordset code:
ObjSht.Range(.Cells(2, 1), .Cells(intMaxRow + 1,
intMaxCol)).CopyFromRecordset rs

The only thing we have found that will fix it is to uninstall Access +
Office (XP), delete a bunch of DLLs (VBA & DAO), reinstall Office, and
then reinstall Access. This is not an option for us for our web
server...

Does anyone have a better solution than this? It seems like a hack...
especially for functionality designed to automate Office products.

help!

Nov 13 '05 #1
3 8821
I usually just give it the upper left-hand corner of the target range - a
single cell.
That seems to work well...

"Sarah" <sa***********@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
I know there have been plenty of posts online about this issue, but I
have yet to find a solution. I am desperate for a good answer.

The issue is: with newly-built PCs and, as it happens, our web server,
we are getting an Automation error (Error 430) when trying to use DAO
CopyFromRecordset.

It's your typical copyfromrecordset code:
ObjSht.Range(.Cells(2, 1), .Cells(intMaxRow + 1,
intMaxCol)).CopyFromRecordset rs

The only thing we have found that will fix it is to uninstall Access +
Office (XP), delete a bunch of DLLs (VBA & DAO), reinstall Office, and
then reinstall Access. This is not an option for us for our web
server...

Does anyone have a better solution than this? It seems like a hack...
especially for functionality designed to automate Office products.

help!

Nov 13 '05 #2
HI - thanks for your reply! I tried changing the reference to the cells
but it didn't work, I get the same error.

Because it's an Automation error, my guess is that is has to do with
the way Access and Excel are communicating, either through DLLs or
registry settings or something. I just have not been able to find
exactly what the issue is or how to fix it.

If anyone has seen a better fix than reinstalling everything (not an
easy option here), or has been able to fix it some other way, please
let me know. Thanks!!

Nov 13 '05 #3
SOLUTION - here's what worked for me (in case this might help others)

I needed to register the dao360.dll. That's it! To register a dll, run
the following command (Start > Run...):
Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL"

If it's a different DLL you're having trouble with, replace the path
above with the path to the dll in question.
You don't even need to reboot. Magic.

Nov 13 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by Rick Brown | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by toddmoses26 | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by zhollywood | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.