By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
428,583 Members | 617 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 428,583 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000

P: n/a
Dear all,

I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access
97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in
the direction of a solution.

1. The problem:

Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT
displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in
Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results
correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode.

2. Background:

-I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very few
changes.

-The forms and reports are from the original Access 97 database

-A few minor mods were made to the VBA code but none of this affects the
reports.

-I have checked the recordsets used by the charts in both 97 and 2000
versions and the data used is identical. Thus it appears to be something to
do with how the chart 'object' is interpreting the recordset.

The Access 97 database was using the following references
-DAO 3.51.
-Microsoft Access 8.0 object library

The Access 2000 format db includes the following references
-DAO 3.6
-Microsoft Access 8.0 object library

Thanks in advance

Nick J


Nov 13 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Sorry,

A mistake in my previous post.

The Access 2000 format db is using "Microsoft Access 9.0 object library",
not 8.0 as previously posted.


"NickJ" <jo******@unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
news:42********@news.unimelb.edu.au...
Dear all,

I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an
Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could
point me in the direction of a solution.

1. The problem:

Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are
NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly
in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the
results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN
mode.

2. Background:

-I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very few
changes.

-The forms and reports are from the original Access 97 database

-A few minor mods were made to the VBA code but none of this affects the
reports.

-I have checked the recordsets used by the charts in both 97 and 2000
versions and the data used is identical. Thus it appears to be something
to do with how the chart 'object' is interpreting the recordset.

The Access 97 database was using the following references
-DAO 3.51.
-Microsoft Access 8.0 object library

The Access 2000 format db includes the following references
-DAO 3.6
-Microsoft Access 8.0 object library

Thanks in advance

Nick J

Nov 13 '05 #2

P: n/a
The chart is not updated to reflect the current data when in design
mode. Tt reflects the values in the query behind it when the query was
last updated from the report. this is why it will look different in
design view to in preview mode.

If the result is different to what it looks like in design mode, then
the result has different data then there was when the chart was
created, or when the query was last modified.

Select the chart and view the query. open it in table view, select all
and then copy. close the query and double click on the chart object.
when the source data chart opens, select all, delete and then copy the
information.

The chart will now change to reflect the new data. If this looks wrong
then there are three possible causes:
1. most likely, the query is wrong somewhere
2. the data in the tables has changed significantly
3. there is a setting on the chart which stops it expanding properly
with the data - e.g. maximum value set for the y-axis

If, however the chart still looks ok in design mode but different in
preview, then I'm absolutely stumped!

Nov 13 '05 #3

P: n/a
Many thanks BillCo,

I'll check it out.

Regards

Nick
"BillCo" <co**********@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11**********************@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
The chart is not updated to reflect the current data when in design
mode. Tt reflects the values in the query behind it when the query was
last updated from the report. this is why it will look different in
design view to in preview mode.

If the result is different to what it looks like in design mode, then
the result has different data then there was when the chart was
created, or when the query was last modified.

Select the chart and view the query. open it in table view, select all
and then copy. close the query and double click on the chart object.
when the source data chart opens, select all, delete and then copy the
information.

The chart will now change to reflect the new data. If this looks wrong
then there are three possible causes:
1. most likely, the query is wrong somewhere
2. the data in the tables has changed significantly
3. there is a setting on the chart which stops it expanding properly
with the data - e.g. maximum value set for the y-axis

If, however the chart still looks ok in design mode but different in
preview, then I'm absolutely stumped!

Nov 13 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.