By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,639 Members | 2,276 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,639 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

File convertion

P: n/a
Ray
I recently converted some Access 97 database into Access 2003 and
encountered some errors. After I converted the databases, there is a
Conversion Errors table created. The contents are 1017; Could not find
field 'Description'. The table either do have the Description field or does
not this field - I mean the table does not this field by design, not an
error.

The other error I encountered is that when I open a table, the following
error displayed before the table was opened.

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'I guess this is
the field name'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name
and the path name correctly.

This warning displayed three times with different object name and repeated
once before the table was opened. The object names do not exist in the
fields of the table.

Can someone advise me what they are and possible solutions.

Thanks,

Ray
Nov 13 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
Br
Ray <No****************@GMail.com> wrote:
I recently converted some Access 97 database into Access 2003 and
encountered some errors. After I converted the databases, there is a
Conversion Errors table created. The contents are 1017; Could not
find field 'Description'. The table either do have the Description
field or does not this field - I mean the table does not this field
by design, not an error.
All that is happening is that MS is now enforcing the fact that you
shouldn't be using reserved words as object names. You should rename
your field to something else.
The other error I encountered is that when I open a table, the
following error displayed before the table was opened.

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'I guess
this is the field name'. Make sure the object exists and that you
spell its name and the path name correctly.

This warning displayed three times with different object name and
repeated once before the table was opened. The object names do not
exist in the fields of the table.

Can someone advise me what they are and possible solutions.

Thanks,

Ray


Possibly the same cause. If during the conversion process Access renamed
your (now) invalid fields then your forms/code/etc won't be able to find
these fields any longer. Check the tables and make sure the field names
are correct.
--
regards,

Bradley

A Christian Response
http://www.pastornet.net.au/response
Nov 13 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.