By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,694 Members | 2,015 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,694 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

HELP! Web update of memo field crashes Access, errors repeatable. HELP!

P: n/a
I've beaten my head againts this for two weeks and would appreciate
any help. Am running Dreamweaver 2004 MX asp pages with MS Access 2000
and then 2003 and received same problems!

I've rebuilt pages etc. etc.

Insert and update work, but updating of records with data in the memo
field seem to crash/corrupt Access--but only on those records.

The problem seems to narrow down to updating a record's memo field. It
works once or twice, then Access becomes corrupt -- yet the records
without memo field data work. And the database and display pages still
work.

Upon update attempt I get a WWW error notes 'search key not found in
any record'.

The errors are consistent. Compact/repair of Access is only a
temporary fix--and yields a note that 'user unexpectantly closed
Access while still in use'.

I've moved the memo field to the end of the ASP code so it's the last
item, but this didn't solve the problem.

I've upgraded to MS Access 2003 and MDAC 2.8 etc. etc.

HELP!
Nov 13 '05 #1
Share this question for a faster answer!
Share on Google+

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.