By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,456 Members | 1,400 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,456 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Calculated Field Not Requerying

P: n/a
I have ran into an interesting situation. I have a calculated field
based on a combobox column that somtimes is not requerying when I
change the combo box value.

Combobox
cboCustomer
2 Columne - Widths 1;0 - LimitToList = Yes

Calculated TextBox -
ControlSource =cboCustomer.Column(1)

These controls are set in a Tab Control with one page that has the
following properties
It is transparent and has no buttons or Tabs

Any help to why it only requeries sometimes would be very appreciated

Mark Kola
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
2 Replies


P: n/a
Ray
mw****@hotmail.com (Mark Kola) wrote in message news:<9b*************************@posting.google.c om>...
I have ran into an interesting situation. I have a calculated field
based on a combobox column that somtimes is not requerying when I
change the combo box value.

Combobox
cboCustomer
2 Columne - Widths 1;0 - LimitToList = Yes

Calculated TextBox -
ControlSource =cboCustomer.Column(1)

These controls are set in a Tab Control with one page that has the
following properties
It is transparent and has no buttons or Tabs

Any help to why it only requeries sometimes would be very appreciated

Mark Kola


Hello Mark,

It seems to me that what you have set up is the Text box
sourcing column(1) from the combo box when the form opens
but nothing to update the text box after a new selection
has been made in the combo box.

I think that what should be done is to requery the record
so that your calculated text box data can be updated.

Add the following code to the "After Update" property of
your combo box:

DoCmd.Requery

If that doesn't work, try:

CalculatedTextBox.value = cboCustomer.Column(1)

Regards,

Ray
Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
I Think I figured out the answer.

I also had the detail section hidden when the form opened up. It looks
as if when that section is hidden, there is an issue with form
calculations. I don't know what the issue is but corrected the problem
by doing the following:

1. Reset Form Detail section to visible
2. On form load set focus to a detail control and then to the header
control and set the form detail to not visible

Mark
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
Nov 12 '05 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.