By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
444,027 Members | 1,313 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 444,027 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Access2000 can't find Utility.mda file

P: n/a
I've been running an Access2000 database for a couple years on a Win2k
machine fine. We tried to copy the database over to another machine that
already had Access2000 installed. When we tried to run it, we got an error
on the following piece of VBA code embedded in a form:
------------------------
With Me
.AgeMax = DateDiff("yyyy", Me.dteDateOfBirthMin, Date)
.AgeMin = DateDiff("yyyy", Me.dteDateOfBirthMax, Date)
End With
------------------------

Note AgeMax, AgeMin, dteDateOf BirthMin, dteDateOf BirthMax are controls on
the form.

The program chokes on the "Date" argument, claiming it is undefined.

Being the experienced Windows user I am, I immediately shut down and restart
the computer (this often solves such unusual problems). But it didn't solve
it this time.

So I click References in the "Tools" menu (design view for this module), and
it says the file "utility.mda" is missing. I assume this is where the Date
function is, or should be. So I click the Browse button and manually click
my way through the appropriate directories until I find the utility.mda
program. I double click it to tell Access where to find it. It tells me it
can't copy that file because a file with the same name already exists at
that location!!!!

Being the experienced Windows user I am, I shut down and restart Access.
Still doesn't work. So I restart the computer again. Still doesn't work. The
clock is running and my client is wondering why I'm having so much trouble
with a program they've been using on another machine for two years with no
trouble.

HELP!!!

Mike Metzger
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
2 Replies


P: n/a
If it is referencing utility.mda, it's almost certainly been converted from
an earlier version of Access and it probably doesn't need the reference.

Try removing the reference to utility.mda and see if the db works.

Terry
"Mike Metzger" <me***************@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Y4*****************@newssvr28.news.prodigy.co m...
I've been running an Access2000 database for a couple years on a Win2k
machine fine. We tried to copy the database over to another machine that
already had Access2000 installed. When we tried to run it, we got an error
on the following piece of VBA code embedded in a form:
------------------------
With Me
.AgeMax = DateDiff("yyyy", Me.dteDateOfBirthMin, Date)
.AgeMin = DateDiff("yyyy", Me.dteDateOfBirthMax, Date)
End With
------------------------

Note AgeMax, AgeMin, dteDateOf BirthMin, dteDateOf BirthMax are controls on the form.

The program chokes on the "Date" argument, claiming it is undefined.

Being the experienced Windows user I am, I immediately shut down and restart the computer (this often solves such unusual problems). But it didn't solve it this time.

So I click References in the "Tools" menu (design view for this module), and it says the file "utility.mda" is missing. I assume this is where the Date
function is, or should be. So I click the Browse button and manually click
my way through the appropriate directories until I find the utility.mda
program. I double click it to tell Access where to find it. It tells me it
can't copy that file because a file with the same name already exists at
that location!!!!

Being the experienced Windows user I am, I shut down and restart Access.
Still doesn't work. So I restart the computer again. Still doesn't work. The clock is running and my client is wondering why I'm having so much trouble
with a program they've been using on another machine for two years with no
trouble.

HELP!!!

Mike Metzger

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
Terry-

Thanks for the advice. I'm not at the client right now, but my working copy
at home seems quite happy after I remove the utility.mda reference.

I'll see what happens with the "problem database".

Mike

"Terry Kreft" <te*********@mps.co.uk> wrote in message
news:wf********************@karoo.co.uk...
If it is referencing utility.mda, it's almost certainly been converted from an earlier version of Access and it probably doesn't need the reference.

Try removing the reference to utility.mda and see if the db works.

Terry

Nov 12 '05 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.