By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
424,985 Members | 1,885 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 424,985 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Can the Access2k wizards be run from code in the Runtime enviroment?

P: n/a

Can anyone tell me how to run the Access2k wizards from code in the
Runtime enviroment? I need to do Address labels..perhaps there is
another way to approach to this besides the wizards. Can anyone help?
Thanks,

Terry
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:58:00 -0600 in comp.databases.ms-access,
TWJohnson <us******@cox.net> wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to run the Access2k wizards from code in the
Runtime enviroment? I need to do Address labels..perhaps there is
another way to approach to this besides the wizards. Can anyone help?
Thanks,


I didn't think that the wizards were re-distributable with the runtime
environment.

You could do it by adding a reference to acwzmain.mde and calling
mlbl_entry("tablename") but will only work for people with Access
installed as I said, I don't think you can legally distribute that
file.
--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.
Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
Mr. Trevor: Thank you for your response. I understand your reply. I
knew how to do this with the retail version of Access but not with the
Runtime version. Thank you very much.
Do you have any ideas about how I might approach printing address
labels from the mde with the runtime version? Maybe exporting to MS
Word from a form or something like that?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Terry

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:24:41 +0000, Trevor Best <bouncer@localhost>
wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:58:00 -0600 in comp.databases.ms-access,
TWJohnson <us******@cox.net> wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to run the Access2k wizards from code in the
Runtime enviroment? I need to do Address labels..perhaps there is
another way to approach to this besides the wizards. Can anyone help?
Thanks,


I didn't think that the wizards were re-distributable with the runtime
environment.

You could do it by adding a reference to acwzmain.mde and calling
mlbl_entry("tablename") but will only work for people with Access
installed as I said, I don't think you can legally distribute that
file.


Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:22:08 -0600 in comp.databases.ms-access,
TWJohnson <us******@cox.net> wrote:
Mr. Trevor: Thank you for your response. I understand your reply. I
knew how to do this with the retail version of Access but not with the
Runtime version. Thank you very much.
Do you have any ideas about how I might approach printing address
labels from the mde with the runtime version? Maybe exporting to MS
Word from a form or something like that?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.


I doubt that the wizard would work in an MDE at all anyway.

You can however create label reports in your development environment
and make them available to run in the runtime environment.

ISTR asking about an add-in report generator here a while back but got
no replies so I have been working on one myself although it would just
create a query and output it to excel. It's nowhere near finished
(hardly started) as it got put on the back burner for other pressing
things.

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.
Nov 12 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.