469,613 Members | 2,028 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,613 developers. It's quick & easy.

Help wanted: 'Recordset not updateable'

ren
Hello,

When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the content of a
(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable". And
indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.

However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, though installed
on another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone help me
out?
The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Nov 12 '05 #1
7 8535
You must add new field in this table as autonumber field and create primary
key on
that field

regards,
CTaHk0

"ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f***********************@dreader11.xs4all.nl ...
Hello,

When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the content of a (random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable". And
indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.

However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, though installed on another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone help me out?
The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Nov 12 '05 #2
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:32:37 +0100, "ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote:

But apparently not the same driver.
-Tom.

Hello,

When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the content of a
(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable". And
indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.

However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, though installed
on another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone help me
out?
The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.

Thanks in advance,
Paul


Nov 12 '05 #3
ren
Hello Tom,

What do you mean by 'not the same driver'? Wich driver are we talking about?

Paul
Tom van Stiphout <to*****@no.spam.cox.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
ib********************************@4ax.com...
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:32:37 +0100, "ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote:

But apparently not the same driver.
-Tom.

Hello,

When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the content of a(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable". Andindeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.

However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, though installedon another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone help meout?
The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Nov 12 '05 #4
ren
Hello cTaHk0,

I disagree because I don't have to add a new field if I'm operating with the
other Access

Paul
cTaHk0 <cT****@yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
#U**************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
You must add new field in this table as autonumber field and create primary key on
that field

regards,
CTaHk0

"ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f***********************@dreader11.xs4all.nl ...
Hello,

When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the content of
a
(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable".

And indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.

However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, though

installed
on another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone help

me
out?
The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.

Thanks in advance,
Paul


Nov 12 '05 #5
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:14:15 +0100, "ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote:

The DBase driver that provides access to DBF files.
Check with the ODBC applet; it probably lists several of them.

-Tom.

Hello Tom,

What do you mean by 'not the same driver'? Wich driver are we talking about?

Paul
Tom van Stiphout <to*****@no.spam.cox.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
ib********************************@4ax.com...
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:32:37 +0100, "ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote:

But apparently not the same driver.
-Tom.

>Hello,
>
>When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the contentof a >(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable".And >indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.
>
>However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, thoughinstalled >on another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
>Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone helpme >out?
>The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Paul
>


Nov 12 '05 #6
Is Access where .dbf recordset is not updateable single .mdb database or it
is Access developer project linked on some external database (SQL etc.)?
If first (.mdb) then you can import any table and modify records, bud if it
is a project (.adp), then you must create a primary key.

CTaHk0
"ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f*********************@dreader6.news.xs4all. nl...
Hello cTaHk0,

I disagree because I don't have to add a new field if I'm operating with the other Access

Paul
cTaHk0 <cT****@yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
#U**************@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
You must add new field in this table as autonumber field and create primary
key on
that field

regards,
CTaHk0

"ren" <re******@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f***********************@dreader11.xs4all.nl ...
Hello,

When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the
content of
a
(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable". And indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.

However, when opening the same .DBF tabel with Access 2000, though

installed
on another computer, I can change the content or delete the record.
Obviously this Access has other setting(s), but which??? Can anyone

help me
out?
The Options are all the same, I've got all the rights.

Thanks in advance,
Paul



Nov 12 '05 #7
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:32:37 +0100, ren wrote:
Hello, When I open with Access 2000 a .DBF table and try to modify the content of a
(random) record, I get the message 'This recordset is not updateable". And
indeed, I can't change the content nor delete it.


I bet You copied the dbf from a CD and it is write protected.
--
Kjell
Nov 12 '05 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

9 posts views Thread by Dom Boyce | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Jeremiah J. Burton | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Edward | last post: by
reply views Thread by gheharukoh7 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.