By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
425,635 Members | 917 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 425,635 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

A2K Report Design Problem

P: n/a
I was creating a very simple report today, a deposit slip report
that displays payments grouped by date of payment and then by
payment type -- very straightforward, the kind of report I've
created a gazillion times.

I realized I wanted to have the payment date and payment type in
the inner header (for payment type), so I moved the controls on the
payment date header into the payment type header.

When I ran the report, it took *forever* (I killed it before it
previewed), even though the test data had only 4 records. I already
knew that the recordsource itself would appear immediately.

So, I did some tests. I deleted both groups and the report
previewed immediately. I deleted the payment date group and the
report previewed immediately. When I removed the payment type
group, so that it was only grouping on payment date, it took
forever. So, I tried removing the payment date header (which had no
controls on it and was set to 0 height), and then it printed
immediately.

Apparently, something was left over from the original layout of the
payment date header.

This is very annoying behavior that I've never experienced before.

I tried making it happen again, and couldn't!

So, I'm just chalking it up to another of the many things about A2K
that is unreliable and annoying.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
dfenton at bway dot net http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this question for a faster answer!
Share on Google+

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.