422,727 Members | 2,161 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 422,727 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Getting a sum from a recordset question. Access97

P: n/a
I have a continuous form that lists records from a query. One of the
columns is an amount field, In the footer of the form I place a text
box that displays the total (sum) of the amount.

The data in the form is linked from a one-to-many table relationship.
In this instance, I really can't sum the value from the one's table
since if there were 3 records in the many table for a record id, the
value would be summed 3 times. IOW, I may be displaying 3000 records in
the form but I really want to sum 1000 records.

Furthermore, the records displayed on the form can be filtered from a
multitude of ways The fltered data may be filtered on both the one and
many table's data.

I could create a query that sums the amount field from the "one" table
but I need the query to reflect the current filter on the form.

If I create a query like "Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 Where ID IN
(Select....), the query takes a long time to run.

Currently I create a SQL string that selects the unique IDs that are
displayed on the form based on the filter, create a temp querydef for
the SQL string, then create another SQL string that sums the amount
where the ID is inner joiined on the temp query. I open this as a
recordset, grab the value, and then delete the query. This method works
and is near instantaneous. The problem is that this form is opened many
times throughout the day and adds bloat to the database.

Is there a method you use that can query a table based on the data
displayed in a form from a one-to-many that could give a count or a sum
that would be fast and have less bloat?

..

Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
15 Replies


P: n/a
Am I missing something here?
If you have a field in your form's recordset named Amount, can't you put a
textbox in the footer with a controlsource of
=Sum(Amount)
?
Won't that textbox update when you filter the form?
Is there something else you need?

- Turtle

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
I have a continuous form that lists records from a query. One of the
columns is an amount field, In the footer of the form I place a text
box that displays the total (sum) of the amount.

The data in the form is linked from a one-to-many table relationship.
In this instance, I really can't sum the value from the one's table
since if there were 3 records in the many table for a record id, the
value would be summed 3 times. IOW, I may be displaying 3000 records in
the form but I really want to sum 1000 records.

Furthermore, the records displayed on the form can be filtered from a
multitude of ways The fltered data may be filtered on both the one and
many table's data.

I could create a query that sums the amount field from the "one" table
but I need the query to reflect the current filter on the form.

If I create a query like "Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 Where ID IN
(Select....), the query takes a long time to run.

Currently I create a SQL string that selects the unique IDs that are
displayed on the form based on the filter, create a temp querydef for
the SQL string, then create another SQL string that sums the amount
where the ID is inner joiined on the temp query. I open this as a
recordset, grab the value, and then delete the query. This method works
and is near instantaneous. The problem is that this form is opened many
times throughout the day and adds bloat to the database.

Is there a method you use that can query a table based on the data
displayed in a form from a one-to-many that could give a count or a sum
that would be fast and have less bloat?

.

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
Thanks for the reply.

MacDermott wrote:
Am I missing something here?
Yes.
If you have a field in your form's recordset named Amount, can't you put a
textbox in the footer with a controlsource of
=Sum(Amount)
No, that won't work. Let's look at 2 SQL statements.

SQL statement 1)
Select ID, Amount From Table.

Entering =Sum(Amount) would work and present the correct value. That is not a
representation of my problem.

SQL statement 2)
Select ID, Amount, Table2.Something from Table1 Inner Join Table2 On
Table1.ID = Table2.ID

This is a representation of my problem. Entering an =Sum(Amount) would not
work because if there are records from Table2 (a many table), the sum of
Amount would also include duplicates. For example, table1 contains 3 records
with ID value of 1,2, and 3. In Table2. related to Table1, there are two
ID=1, three Id=2, and five ID=3. Using your suggestion, the =Sum(Amount)
would sum up all 10 records displayed on the form.

Next, I am filtering the form's recordset in a variety of ways. It would be
nice if I could do this:
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 Inner Join (Select Distinct Form's Rs.query
+ filter) On Table1.ID = rs.ID

I could create a query to do the above....except I'd be lacking the filter.
The filter may be on date ranges, company names, and other flags. many of the
fields in Table2.
Won't that textbox update when you filter the form?
Is there something else you need?
A better method than the one I am using.


- Turtle

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
I have a continuous form that lists records from a query. One of the
columns is an amount field, In the footer of the form I place a text
box that displays the total (sum) of the amount.

The data in the form is linked from a one-to-many table relationship.
In this instance, I really can't sum the value from the one's table
since if there were 3 records in the many table for a record id, the
value would be summed 3 times. IOW, I may be displaying 3000 records in
the form but I really want to sum 1000 records.

Furthermore, the records displayed on the form can be filtered from a
multitude of ways The fltered data may be filtered on both the one and
many table's data.

I could create a query that sums the amount field from the "one" table
but I need the query to reflect the current filter on the form.

If I create a query like "Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 Where ID IN
(Select....), the query takes a long time to run.

Currently I create a SQL string that selects the unique IDs that are
displayed on the form based on the filter, create a temp querydef for
the SQL string, then create another SQL string that sums the amount
where the ID is inner joiined on the temp query. I open this as a
recordset, grab the value, and then delete the query. This method works
and is near instantaneous. The problem is that this form is opened many
times throughout the day and adds bloat to the database.

Is there a method you use that can query a table based on the data
displayed in a form from a one-to-many that could give a count or a sum
that would be fast and have less bloat?


Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
So you have 2 tables and you're spilling this information onto a form and
this is okay, but when you try to total, it's no good because some of the
figures are themselves totals? Eliminate the table 1 amount from this
altogether and calculate whatever totals and subtotals you need from the
table 2 amount only. If you HAVE to retrieve both amounts, perhaps because
of the positioning on the form or something, retrieve the table 1 and table
2 amounts into separate fields.

Robert Crouser

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
Thanks for the reply.

MacDermott wrote:
Am I missing something here?
Yes.
If you have a field in your form's recordset named Amount, can't you put a textbox in the footer with a controlsource of
=Sum(Amount)


No, that won't work. Let's look at 2 SQL statements.

SQL statement 1)
Select ID, Amount From Table.

Entering =Sum(Amount) would work and present the correct value. That is

not a representation of my problem.

SQL statement 2)
Select ID, Amount, Table2.Something from Table1 Inner Join Table2 On
Table1.ID = Table2.ID

This is a representation of my problem. Entering an =Sum(Amount) would not work because if there are records from Table2 (a many table), the sum of
Amount would also include duplicates. For example, table1 contains 3 records with ID value of 1,2, and 3. In Table2. related to Table1, there are two
ID=1, three Id=2, and five ID=3. Using your suggestion, the =Sum(Amount)
would sum up all 10 records displayed on the form.

Next, I am filtering the form's recordset in a variety of ways. It would be nice if I could do this:
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 Inner Join (Select Distinct Form's Rs.query + filter) On Table1.ID = rs.ID

I could create a query to do the above....except I'd be lacking the filter. The filter may be on date ranges, company names, and other flags. many of the fields in Table2.
Won't that textbox update when you filter the form?
Is there something else you need?


A better method than the one I am using.


- Turtle

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
I have a continuous form that lists records from a query. One of the
columns is an amount field, In the footer of the form I place a text
box that displays the total (sum) of the amount.

The data in the form is linked from a one-to-many table relationship.
In this instance, I really can't sum the value from the one's table
since if there were 3 records in the many table for a record id, the
value would be summed 3 times. IOW, I may be displaying 3000 records in the form but I really want to sum 1000 records.

Furthermore, the records displayed on the form can be filtered from a
multitude of ways The fltered data may be filtered on both the one and many table's data.

I could create a query that sums the amount field from the "one" table
but I need the query to reflect the current filter on the form.

If I create a query like "Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 Where ID IN
(Select....), the query takes a long time to run.

Currently I create a SQL string that selects the unique IDs that are
displayed on the form based on the filter, create a temp querydef for
the SQL string, then create another SQL string that sums the amount
where the ID is inner joiined on the temp query. I open this as a
recordset, grab the value, and then delete the query. This method works and is near instantaneous. The problem is that this form is opened many times throughout the day and adds bloat to the database.

Is there a method you use that can query a table based on the data
displayed in a form from a one-to-many that could give a count or a sum that would be fast and have less bloat?

Nov 12 '05 #4

P: n/a
Robert wrote:
So you have 2 tables and you're spilling this information onto a form and
this is okay, but when you try to total, it's no good because some of the
figures are themselves totals?
No. I hope this clarifies the problem.

Let's say Table1 had many fields that include 2 fields, ID and Amount
1,$100
2,$200
3,$300

Table2 has 5 records with many fields including the fields T1ID and Employee
1,"Joe"
1,"Sam"
2,"Mike"
2,"John"
3,"Larry"

If the sql for the form was "Select table1.id, amount, name from table1 inner
join table2 on table1.id = table2.t1id" I would see 4 records displayed;
1,$100,"Joe"
1,$100,"Sam" 'duplicate in sum
2,$200,"Mike"
2,$200,"John" 'duplicate in sum
3,$300,"Larry"

using an =Sum(Amount) the value would display $900. That is not correct. I
want to see $600.

This is a continuous form. It is basically a lookup/informational form, not a
data entry form, and putting this into a form/subform would defeat the purpose.

The filter can be on any/many fields contained in both Table1 and
Table2....mostly Table2.

Eliminate the table 1 amount from this
altogether and calculate whatever totals and subtotals you need from the
table 2 amount only.
That is not what I want.
If you HAVE to retrieve both amounts,
The amount comes from table1, not from both tables
perhaps because
of the positioning on the form or something, retrieve the table 1 and table
2 amounts into separate fields.

What I am currently doing is a "Select Distinct ID" sql on the forms
recordsource with the form's filter, making this a temp query in the QueryDefs
collection, and then running a SQL that innerjoins to the temp query to sum the
amount. Using an InnerJoin is very fast. If I were to do a
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 where Table1.ID in (Select .....) where the
Select is the recordsource SQL of the form, it adds consideralbe overhead.

Robert Crouser


Nov 12 '05 #5

P: n/a
Yes, this clarifies the problem. Your table with the duplicate id's is
unusual and throws people. So you have a working form, but your problem is
a performance issue. Any performance experts out there ?
"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
Robert wrote:
So you have 2 tables and you're spilling this information onto a form and this is okay, but when you try to total, it's no good because some of the figures are themselves totals?
No. I hope this clarifies the problem.

Let's say Table1 had many fields that include 2 fields, ID and Amount
1,$100
2,$200
3,$300

Table2 has 5 records with many fields including the fields T1ID and

Employee 1,"Joe"
1,"Sam"
2,"Mike"
2,"John"
3,"Larry"

If the sql for the form was "Select table1.id, amount, name from table1 inner join table2 on table1.id = table2.t1id" I would see 4 records displayed;
1,$100,"Joe"
1,$100,"Sam" 'duplicate in sum
2,$200,"Mike"
2,$200,"John" 'duplicate in sum
3,$300,"Larry"

using an =Sum(Amount) the value would display $900. That is not correct. I want to see $600.

This is a continuous form. It is basically a lookup/informational form, not a data entry form, and putting this into a form/subform would defeat the purpose.
The filter can be on any/many fields contained in both Table1 and
Table2....mostly Table2.

Eliminate the table 1 amount from this
altogether and calculate whatever totals and subtotals you need from the
table 2 amount only.
That is not what I want.
If you HAVE to retrieve both amounts,


The amount comes from table1, not from both tables
perhaps because
of the positioning on the form or something, retrieve the table 1 and table 2 amounts into separate fields.


What I am currently doing is a "Select Distinct ID" sql on the forms
recordsource with the form's filter, making this a temp query in the

QueryDefs collection, and then running a SQL that innerjoins to the temp query to sum the amount. Using an InnerJoin is very fast. If I were to do a
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 where Table1.ID in (Select .....) where the Select is the recordsource SQL of the form, it adds consideralbe overhead.

Robert Crouser

Nov 12 '05 #6

P: n/a
U N Me <un**@together.com> wrote in news:3F***************@together.com:
If the sql for the form was "Select table1.id, amount, name from
table1 inner join table2 on table1.id = table2.t1id" I would see 4
records displayed; 1,$100,"Joe"
1,$100,"Sam" 'duplicate in sum
2,$200,"Mike"
2,$200,"John" 'duplicate in sum
3,$300,"Larry"

using an =Sum(Amount) the value would display $900. That is not
correct. I want to see $600.


Leave the inner join SQL as you have it there. Instead of =Sum(Amount),
use =Sum(Amount)/=Count(Amount).
Nov 12 '05 #7

P: n/a
I'm kinda hesitant to get into this, but anway... here goes.

Could you explain/diagram/whatever the relationship between what looks
like a Person table and an Invoice or whatever table? It looks
backwards to me. Do you mean that

Amount--(1,M)---Person ???

Explain how the two entities are related in plain old business
English... Does this amount represent a total bill or something that
multiple clients can pay? Why don't we take a step backward. Explain
the business rules/relationships and then I'm sure someone can figure
out how to do what you want. But without understanding the logic
behind all this, it's really a waste of time, because there's no way
of telling if the solution is correct.
Nov 12 '05 #8

P: n/a
Since you say this is an informational form rather than a data entry form,
perhaps you could use a report instead.
Using a Report/Subreport format, you can display all of your data, and still
sum the data from the main report.

HTH
- Turtle

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
Robert wrote:
So you have 2 tables and you're spilling this information onto a form and this is okay, but when you try to total, it's no good because some of the figures are themselves totals?
No. I hope this clarifies the problem.

Let's say Table1 had many fields that include 2 fields, ID and Amount
1,$100
2,$200
3,$300

Table2 has 5 records with many fields including the fields T1ID and

Employee 1,"Joe"
1,"Sam"
2,"Mike"
2,"John"
3,"Larry"

If the sql for the form was "Select table1.id, amount, name from table1 inner join table2 on table1.id = table2.t1id" I would see 4 records displayed;
1,$100,"Joe"
1,$100,"Sam" 'duplicate in sum
2,$200,"Mike"
2,$200,"John" 'duplicate in sum
3,$300,"Larry"

using an =Sum(Amount) the value would display $900. That is not correct. I want to see $600.

This is a continuous form. It is basically a lookup/informational form, not a data entry form, and putting this into a form/subform would defeat the purpose.
The filter can be on any/many fields contained in both Table1 and
Table2....mostly Table2.

Eliminate the table 1 amount from this
altogether and calculate whatever totals and subtotals you need from the
table 2 amount only.
That is not what I want.
If you HAVE to retrieve both amounts,


The amount comes from table1, not from both tables
perhaps because
of the positioning on the form or something, retrieve the table 1 and table 2 amounts into separate fields.


What I am currently doing is a "Select Distinct ID" sql on the forms
recordsource with the form's filter, making this a temp query in the

QueryDefs collection, and then running a SQL that innerjoins to the temp query to sum the amount. Using an InnerJoin is very fast. If I were to do a
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 where Table1.ID in (Select .....) where the Select is the recordsource SQL of the form, it adds consideralbe overhead.

Robert Crouser

Nov 12 '05 #9

P: n/a
Ross Presser <rp******@NOSPAM.imtek.com.invalid> wrote in
news:Xn**********************@129.250.170.93:
U N Me <un**@together.com> wrote in news:3F***************@together.com:
If the sql for the form was "Select table1.id, amount, name from
table1 inner join table2 on table1.id = table2.t1id" I would see 4
records displayed; 1,$100,"Joe"
1,$100,"Sam" 'duplicate in sum
2,$200,"Mike"
2,$200,"John" 'duplicate in sum
3,$300,"Larry"

using an =Sum(Amount) the value would display $900. That is not
correct. I want to see $600.


Leave the inner join SQL as you have it there. Instead of =Sum(Amount),
use =Sum(Amount)/=Count(Amount).


D'oh! Remove the second = sign. Sorry, head cold is reducing my
alertness.

=Sum(Amount)/Count(Amount)
Nov 12 '05 #10

P: n/a
Pieter Linden wrote:
I'm kinda hesitant to get into this, but anway... here goes.

Could you explain/diagram/whatever the relationship between what looks
like a Person table and an Invoice or whatever table? It looks
backwards to me. Do you mean that

Amount--(1,M)---Person ???
Yes. Here's a more descriptive example. There is a bid. The bid is
$1000. There are 3 companies attached to a bid. Next record. The bid
is $500. There are 2 companies for this bid, etc, etc for remaining
records.

If these records were displayed on a form, the bid number, the bid amount,
and all companies associated with the bid would be displayed. However,
there would be as any many records for each bid as there are records in
the many table that contains companies.

Thus, for the first bid, the 3 companies will be listed and the amount
$1000 would be listed 3 times.

Using this example, if the form is filtered for bid# 1, then an
=Sum(Amount) would be equal to $3000. That is not correct. The bid is
$1000. Although three lines are displayed in this example, the amount
from the one's table should only be added 1 time.
Explain how the two entities are related in plain old business
English... Does this amount represent a total bill or something that
multiple clients can pay? Why don't we take a step backward. Explain
the business rules/relationships and then I'm sure someone can figure
out how to do what you want. But without understanding the logic
behind all this, it's really a waste of time, because there's no way
of telling if the solution is correct.


If I create a query and get data from a 1-to-many table (table1 and
Table2) relationship, I will end up with as many rows as there are in
Table2.

The SQL Select statement (which will get the correct result),
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 where BidID In (Select ...the SQL
select and filter from the form)
is EXTREMELY SLOW!

When I create a querydef of the SQL select and filter distinct bid ids
from the forms recordsource and then innerjoin Table1 bidid to the temp
querydef bidid, the result is blazingly fast. But it adds bloat

What I would LIKE to do is inner joiin, w/o creating a temp querydef, on
the forms recordset.
Select Sum(AMount) From Table1 InnerJoin (Select Distinct BidNo from form
recordset + filter) On BidID = BidID

Let's look at this another way. Let's say I had Query1, Query2, and
Query3. This is a dumb example, but I am sure you have strung queries
together.

Query1 SQL is "Select EmpID, Name, PayRate, Sex From Employee"
Query2 SQL is "Select * From Query1 Where Sex = 'M'"
Query3 SQL is "Select Sum(PayRate) From Query2"

What I would like to do is createa SQL statement on the fly that has the
SQL statements from Query1 and Query2
Select Sum(PayRate) From (Select * From (Select EmpID, Name, PayRate, Sex
From Employee) Where Sex 'M')

The above line basically does what Query3 does. However, to get the
results of query3, there are 2 sub queries that make up the result. I
guess Access97 doesn't allow subqueries unless the subquery is a
querydef...but it's what I would want. At this time, I don't think it can
be done.



Nov 12 '05 #11

P: n/a
Ross Presser wrote:
Ross Presser <rp******@NOSPAM.imtek.com.invalid> wrote in
news:Xn**********************@129.250.170.93:
U N Me <un**@together.com> wrote in news:3F***************@together.com:
If the sql for the form was "Select table1.id, amount, name from
table1 inner join table2 on table1.id = table2.t1id" I would see 4
records displayed; 1,$100,"Joe"
1,$100,"Sam" 'duplicate in sum
2,$200,"Mike"
2,$200,"John" 'duplicate in sum
3,$300,"Larry"

using an =Sum(Amount) the value would display $900. That is not
correct. I want to see $600.


Leave the inner join SQL as you have it there. Instead of =Sum(Amount),
use =Sum(Amount)/=Count(Amount).


D'oh! Remove the second = sign. Sorry, head cold is reducing my
alertness.

=Sum(Amount)/Count(Amount)


Hi Ross, I don't see how that will help me. The Sum of the Amount is $900 and
the count is 5 using the above example. That would result in $180.

I wish it was easy as that <g>.


Nov 12 '05 #12

P: n/a
MacDermott wrote:
Since you say this is an informational form rather than a data entry form,
perhaps you could use a report instead.
Using a Report/Subreport format, you can display all of your data, and still
sum the data from the main report.

HTH


It would be nice. But it needs to be a form....as if I dbl-click on the field I
go to the record. However, I may check your method out. Maybe, instead of
showing the sum in a text box in the footer band of the form, I can use a
subform that displays the sum value.

Nov 12 '05 #13

P: n/a
I'm not 100% sure what you're proposing, but I don't think you can use a
subform in the detail section of a continuous form.
If you're OK with displaying the sum for the current record in the form
footer (or header), a subform will work for that.

HTH
- Turtle

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
MacDermott wrote:
Since you say this is an informational form rather than a data entry form, perhaps you could use a report instead.
Using a Report/Subreport format, you can display all of your data, and still sum the data from the main report.

HTH
It would be nice. But it needs to be a form....as if I dbl-click on the

field I go to the record. However, I may check your method out. Maybe, instead of showing the sum in a text box in the footer band of the form, I can use a
subform that displays the sum value.

Nov 12 '05 #14

P: n/a
It might be a lot of work, but how about using a TreeView control?

- Turtle

"U N Me" <un**@together.com> wrote in message
news:3F***************@together.com...
Pieter Linden wrote:
I'm kinda hesitant to get into this, but anway... here goes.

Could you explain/diagram/whatever the relationship between what looks
like a Person table and an Invoice or whatever table? It looks
backwards to me. Do you mean that

Amount--(1,M)---Person ???


Yes. Here's a more descriptive example. There is a bid. The bid is
$1000. There are 3 companies attached to a bid. Next record. The bid
is $500. There are 2 companies for this bid, etc, etc for remaining
records.

If these records were displayed on a form, the bid number, the bid amount,
and all companies associated with the bid would be displayed. However,
there would be as any many records for each bid as there are records in
the many table that contains companies.

Thus, for the first bid, the 3 companies will be listed and the amount
$1000 would be listed 3 times.

Using this example, if the form is filtered for bid# 1, then an
=Sum(Amount) would be equal to $3000. That is not correct. The bid is
$1000. Although three lines are displayed in this example, the amount
from the one's table should only be added 1 time.
Explain how the two entities are related in plain old business
English... Does this amount represent a total bill or something that
multiple clients can pay? Why don't we take a step backward. Explain
the business rules/relationships and then I'm sure someone can figure
out how to do what you want. But without understanding the logic
behind all this, it's really a waste of time, because there's no way
of telling if the solution is correct.


If I create a query and get data from a 1-to-many table (table1 and
Table2) relationship, I will end up with as many rows as there are in
Table2.

The SQL Select statement (which will get the correct result),
Select Sum(Amount) From Table1 where BidID In (Select ...the SQL
select and filter from the form)
is EXTREMELY SLOW!

When I create a querydef of the SQL select and filter distinct bid ids
from the forms recordsource and then innerjoin Table1 bidid to the temp
querydef bidid, the result is blazingly fast. But it adds bloat

What I would LIKE to do is inner joiin, w/o creating a temp querydef, on
the forms recordset.
Select Sum(AMount) From Table1 InnerJoin (Select Distinct BidNo from form
recordset + filter) On BidID = BidID

Let's look at this another way. Let's say I had Query1, Query2, and
Query3. This is a dumb example, but I am sure you have strung queries
together.

Query1 SQL is "Select EmpID, Name, PayRate, Sex From Employee"
Query2 SQL is "Select * From Query1 Where Sex = 'M'"
Query3 SQL is "Select Sum(PayRate) From Query2"

What I would like to do is createa SQL statement on the fly that has the
SQL statements from Query1 and Query2
Select Sum(PayRate) From (Select * From (Select EmpID, Name, PayRate, Sex
From Employee) Where Sex 'M')

The above line basically does what Query3 does. However, to get the
results of query3, there are 2 sub queries that make up the result. I
guess Access97 doesn't allow subqueries unless the subquery is a
querydef...but it's what I would want. At this time, I don't think it can
be done.


Nov 12 '05 #15

P: n/a
U N Me <un**@together.com> wrote in news:3F***************@together.com:
Hi Ross, I don't see how that will help me. The Sum of the Amount is
$900 and the count is 5 using the above example. That would result in
$180.

I wish it was easy as that <g>.


How about using this as the inner join SQL:
select table1.id, table1.amount from table1 inner join tabel2 on table1.id
= table2.t1id group by table1.id, table1.amount

and using =Sum(Amount) in the control?
Nov 12 '05 #16

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.