By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
426,107 Members | 1,323 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 426,107 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Attempting to close form - ... will reset the current code in break mode...

P: n/a
An Access database connected to a PostgreSQL back-end. Sometimes, when I
close a form, i get a message saying that the action will reset the current
code in break mode. The front-end literally has has no code! I've tried
various repair techniques, but the problem always returns.

When this happens, if I say yes to reset the code, the message reappears.
If I say no, nothing happens. Either way, the form won't close. If I try
to close Access, either it hangs, and I have to kill it with Task Manager,
or it crashes and asks if I want to send an error report to Microsoft.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
no****@nospam.nospam (Steve Jorgensen) wrote in
<77********************************@4ax.com>:
An Access database connected to a PostgreSQL back-end. Sometimes,
when I close a form, i get a message saying that the action will
reset the current code in break mode. The front-end literally has
has no code! I've tried various repair techniques, but the
problem always returns.

When this happens, if I say yes to reset the code, the message
reappears. If I say no, nothing happens. Either way, the form
won't close. If I try to close Access, either it hangs, and I
have to kill it with Task Manager, or it crashes and asks if I
want to send an error report to Microsoft.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?


Yes. This seems to be code corruption. I was able to fix it by
saving the form under a new name and setting HasModule to FALSE.
Then this new form worked.

I'm pretty sick of A2K and the way it interacts with code. The
other day I wasted about an hour trying to find out why a form was
erroring out on a RecordsetClone.RecordCount of a subform. It turns
out that I'd altered the queries in the underlying recordsource of
the subform such that the join field no longer existed on one side
of a join in the recordsource. This did not produce the kind of
error such a problem generates in A97. It produced other errors
that took me a long time to track down.

I've also had all sorts of problems with code executing that would
not allow me to close forms (I guess I was in an endless loop, as
in the example above), and have had to kill the A2K process with
Task Manager dozens and dozens of times. I've almost never had to
do this with A97.

It's pretty frustrating.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
dfenton at bway dot net http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc
Nov 12 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.