By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
426,140 Members | 1,301 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 426,140 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Size screen

P: n/a
How do I know the width and the height of the access screen? This is
to place forms in the right place and covering the whole screen.
thanks.
--
bebelino
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
9 Replies


P: n/a
Not knowing what screen resolution you are using . . .

Create a rectangle on a form and make it the size you want it to occupy on
the screen, then open its property sheet and check the Width and Height
properties.

Nigel

"bebelino" <a.*@c.d> wrote in message
news:ev********************************@4ax.com...
How do I know the width and the height of the access screen? This is
to place forms in the right place and covering the whole screen.
thanks.
--
bebelino

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
Look at

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0022.htm

Terry
"bebelino" <a.*@c.d> wrote in message
news:ev********************************@4ax.com...
How do I know the width and the height of the access screen? This is
to place forms in the right place and covering the whole screen.
thanks.
--
bebelino

Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:04:55 +0100, "Nigel Lawrance"
<na*@exeter37.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
Not knowing what screen resolution you are using . . .

Create a rectangle on a form and make it the size you want it to occupy on
the screen, then open its property sheet and check the Width and Height
properties.


Yes, but I want to know it programmaticaly.
thanks
--
bebelino
Nov 12 '05 #4

P: n/a
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:03:18 +0100, "Terry Kreft"
<te*********@mps.co.uk> wrote:
Look at

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0022.htm


Many thanks, It's working.
best regards,
--
bebelino
Nov 12 '05 #5

P: n/a
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:03:18 +0100, "Terry Kreft"
<te*********@mps.co.uk> wrote:
Look at

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0022.htm

Terry


Still one question. They say you should take a small-offset so that
the scrollbars don't appear on the main MDIform. On one computer
everything is allright. When transfering it to another computer the
scroll-barrs do appear and I need change the small-offset number to a
greater one. Do you have an answer to this one??
thanks,
--
bebelino
Nov 12 '05 #6

P: n/a
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:44:38 GMT in comp.databases.ms-access, bebelino
<a.*@c.d> wrote:
Still one question. They say you should take a small-offset so that
the scrollbars don't appear on the main MDIform. On one computer
everything is allright. When transfering it to another computer the
scroll-barrs do appear and I need change the small-offset number to a
greater one. Do you have an answer to this one??
thanks,


Does the other PC have "Large Fonts" in Windows? That tends to screw
things up as at 1024x768 with large fonts you have about the same
screen real estate as 800x600 with normal fonts. If this is the case
you have about 3 choices, either cater for it in your program,
encourage the user to go to a lower resolution and normal fonts or
else get them to re-visit their optician and get a better pair of
bins.

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

(replace sithlord with trevor for email)
Nov 12 '05 #7

P: n/a
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:44:37 +0100, Trevor Best <bouncer@localhost>
wrote:

Sorry for my late reaction and thanks for yours.
No, it's not a problem with font sizes.
It's just when I'm setting the forms to the size the Access-MDI-form
has, sometimes the scrollbars appear on the Access-MDI and sometimes
they don't. Off course I want them not to appear because they take
away a bit of the actual form shown. I tried also a small offset. By
this I mean that I make the form a bit smaller than the actual size of
the MDI.
I think the problem has got something to do with the access-toolbars.
But I don't know how to solve it.
Does the other PC have "Large Fonts" in Windows? That tends to screw
things up as at 1024x768 with large fonts you have about the same
screen real estate as 800x600 with normal fonts. If this is the case
you have about 3 choices, either cater for it in your program,
encourage the user to go to a lower resolution and normal fonts or
else get them to re-visit their optician and get a better pair of
bins.


If I ever come around this problem I will advise the better pair of
bins ;-)
thanks,
--
bebelino

Nov 12 '05 #8

P: n/a
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:14:35 GMT in comp.databases.ms-access, bebelino
<a.*@c.d> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:44:37 +0100, Trevor Best <bouncer@localhost>
wrote:

Sorry for my late reaction and thanks for yours.
No, it's not a problem with font sizes.
It's just when I'm setting the forms to the size the Access-MDI-form
has, sometimes the scrollbars appear on the Access-MDI and sometimes
they don't. Off course I want them not to appear because they take
away a bit of the actual form shown. I tried also a small offset. By
this I mean that I make the form a bit smaller than the actual size of
the MDI.
I think the problem has got something to do with the access-toolbars.
But I don't know how to solve it.


This may help.

Function NoToolBars()
Dim cb As CommandBar
On Error Resume Next
For Each cb In Application.CommandBars
Debug.Print cb.Name
cb.Visible = False
Next
End Function

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

(replace sithlord with trevor for email)
Nov 12 '05 #9

P: n/a
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:39:46 +0100, Trevor Best <bouncer@localhost>
wrote:
Function NoToolBars()
Dim cb As CommandBar
On Error Resume Next
For Each cb In Application.CommandBars
Debug.Print cb.Name
cb.Visible = False
Next
End Function


Why didn't I come up with that one ;-)
Nice, I think I can solve the problems now.
thanks,
--
bebelino
Nov 12 '05 #10

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.