473,898 Members | 2,956 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Print a report 3 times with 3 different fields visible

Hi,

I have report which I need to print 3 times, but would like to have
the following headings

Customer Copy - Print 1
Accounts Copy - Print 2
File Copy -Print 3

I created a macro to print the report three times, but do not know how
I can display each text field for each print.

Can anybody point me in the right direction.
Jun 27 '08
12 3556
Studiotyphoon wrote:
On Apr 22, 11:35 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>Studiotypho on wrote:
>>>On Apr 22, 11:07 am, Studiotyphoon <a...@pidesign. co.ukwrote:
>>>>On Apr 21, 10:49 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>Studiotyph oon wrote:
>>>>>>On Apr 21, 4:29 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>>Studioty phoon wrote:
>>>>>>>>On Apr 19, 8:51 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>>>>Studio typhoon wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>Hi,
>>>>>>>>>>I have report which I need to print 3 times, but would like to have
>>>>>>the following headings
>>>>>>>>>>Custo mer Copy - Print 1
>>>>>>Accou nts Copy - Print 2
>>>>>>Fil e Copy -Print 3
>>>>>>>>>>I created a macro to print the report three times, but do not know how
>>>>>>I can display each text field for each print.
>>>>>>>>>>Can anybody point me in the right direction.
>>>>>>>>>What version of Access are you using? There is an OpenArgs parameter
>>>>>you can pass to the report in A2003. Ex:
>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "1"
>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "2"
>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "3"
>>>>>>>>>The 1,2,3 is the argument. I created a report called Report1. I
>>>>>create d 2 text boxes; Text1 and Text2. I put Text1 in the report's
>>>>>header , visible = False. I put Text2 in the Report footer.
>>>>>>>>>In Text1 I entered, for the ControlSource in the Data tab,
>>>> =NZ([Reports]![Report1].[OpenArgs],"0")
>>>>>as Report1 is the name of the report.
>>>>>>>>>In Text2 I entered
>>>> =IIf([Text1]="1","Customer" ,IIf([Text1]="2","Account", "File")) & " Copy"
>>>>>in the control source.
>>>>>>>>>Now when I run the report, depending on the argument passed, it prints
>>>>>the value I want.
>>>>>>>>>Fireba llshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkNI4Y IU2o
>>>>>>>>Thank s for help so far.
>>>>>>>>Runni ng Access 2003, SP2
>>>>>>>>But still struggling to get it to work.
>>>>>>>>I've added the following into the report under On Open Event
>>>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "1"
>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "2"
>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "3"
>>>>>>>>When I try running the report it comes up with an error against the
>>>>first line of the code.
>>>>>>>I don't use macros. I checked the Macro builder and there's no OpenArgs
>>>capabili ty with them. I suppose you could use RunCode and in a code
>>>module put the OpenReport lines in the sub.
>>>>>>>Did you change "YourReportName " to the name of your report?
>>>>>>>>Shoul d this code be in the report or Form for the OpenArgs to be used.
>>>>>>>Usuall y I call reports from a form. I might have a command button
>>>CommandR eport with a caption of "Report". In the OnClick event I would
>>>have those 3 lines. I would not have them in the Report's module.
>>>>>>>>Also see my reply direct to your email.
>>>>>>>I don't think it made it. Sald may mix with oil and vinegar but there's
>>>not such email address as far as I know.
>>>>>>>Remember , I created a text box in the Report header band. I have
>> =NZ([Reports]![Report1].[OpenArgs],"0")
>>>as the Control source (under data tab of property sheet). You need to
>>>change Report1 to your report's name.
>>>>>>>In the footer band I put another textbox at the bottom to print the message.
>>=IIf([Text1]="1","Customer" ,IIf([Text1]="2","Account", "File"))
>>>You need to change Text1 to the name of the Textbox in the Report header.
>>>>>>>>Thank s in advance -
>>>>>>>Here's another thing you could do. Forget the first textbox...put the
>>>second text box at the footer. Now open the code module for the report
>>>and put this code into it.
>>>>>>>Privat e Function GetCopyText() As String
>> 'if no argument passed default to "File". Press F1
>> 'on the word NZ for help if necessary.
>> Select Case NZ(Me.OpenArgs, 3)
>> Case 1
>> GetCopyText = "Customer"
>> Case 2
>> GetCopyText = "Accounts"
>> Case Else
>> GetCopyText = "File"
>> End Select
>> GetCopyText = GetCopyText & " Copy - Print "
>> GetCopyText = GetCopyText & NZ(Me.OpenArgs, 3)
>>>End Function
>>>>>>>Now in the ControlSource for the textbox in the report's page footer enter
>> =GetCopyText()
>>>This will call the function GetCopyText and print the result in the footer.
>>>>>>>Either way works.
>>>>>>>Feels Goodhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4lPE4 MI6A&NR=1-Hidequotedtext -
>>>>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>>>>Thanks for your help.
>>>>>>I moved the the lines of code to the button on the Form and it
>>generat es the printouts.
>>>>>>The query I've generated prompts the user to enter an invoice number,
>>to gather the information for the report.
>>When I print invoice, the reports are generated but I have to enter
>>the invoice number three times.
>>>>>>Do you know how I can reduce this to entering only once ?
>>>>>>Thanks again.
>>>>>The easist way I know to do that is to create a TextBox on the form and
>allow the user to enter an invoice number. Then when you print the
>report by pressing the Report command button do something like
Private Sub CommandReport_C lick()
If Not IsNull(Me.Invoi ceNumber) Then
...print report(s)
Else
msgbox "Please supply an invoice number."
Me.InvoiceNumbe r.SetFocus
Endif
End Sub
>>>>>Now lets say that this form is called Form1. Open up the query in
>design mode and under the InvoiceNumber column in the Criteria row enter
Forms!Form1!Inv oiceNumber
>You'd want to change Form1 to whatever formname you have.
>>>>>Now what happens if you print all three reports and the first one prints
>OK and then jams on the 2nd or 3rd report. You could create an Option
>group with 4 options; 0 = All, 1 = Cust, 2 = Accounts, 3 = File.
>Default value (under Data tab) is 0, name of option group is Frame1.
>Then when you print your code could be something like
Private Sub CommandReport_C lick()
Dim intFor As Integer
If Not IsNull(Me.Invoi ceNumber) Then
If Me.Frame1 <0 then
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReport",,, ,,Me.Frame1
Else
For intFor = 1 to 3
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReport",,, ,,intFor
Next
Else
msgbox "Please supply an invoice number."
Me.InvoiceNumbe r.SetFocus
Endif
End Sub
>>>>>Destinatio n Unknownhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uitCCcL AtGw-Hidequoted text -
>>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>>Thank you for your help.
>>>>It has been gratelly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -
>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>Hi me again,
>>>With the code you gave me thought problem sorted.
>>>For some reason when I put
>>>Forms!Form1! InvoiceNumber
>>>in the criteria, an error occurred invalid syntax regarding the
expression .
>>>I changed it to the following based upon the help files but I get a
request for a parameter value.
>>>[Forms]![Finance Invoice Form]![Internal ID]
>>>Any Ideas ?

Let's see, select all records from these tables where the invoice number
is equal to an invoice number in...a closed form. I wonder what that
invoice number is?

Are you calling this report form a form's code? Or are you calling it
from the report's recordsource?

I create form's to call reports. I can then provide options, any that I
like, and giving users choices to filter the report, direct the output,
exit without printing, etc.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


I have a Subform called invoicing, which is then linked to a header
Form.

I placed your code in the subform Invoicing and without entering the
code into the query, the report prints out all invoices it can find,
and three times as per the above code.

it would be fine if I wanted to print all invoices, but when I only
want to select the current invoice record using the code in the
criteria, I get a data mismatch when I try to print.

I can email a copy of the Database for you to look at and point me in
the right direction, if it help resolve the problem.

Thanks
OK. You're in a subform. I have no idea what the invoice number
textbox is called. I'll use InvNum. Substitute InvNum below with
whatever you are using.

First thing. If you pass a number, you don't surround it with anything.
If the invoice number is not a numeric field (look at your table) then
you surround it in quotes.

Now...I'll assume you are sitting on the record WITH the invoice number.

First, open up the query and remove any references to the
Forms!Form!InvN um or [Enter InvNum] in the criteria row.

OK. We have a clean invoice query in the report and whereever.
Now...when you print a report you have various arguments you can pass.
So why not pass the InvNum you are sitting on in the subform?
*if the field InvNum is a number
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,1
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,2
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,3

*if the field InvNum is a text field
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",1
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",2
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",3

Small Potatoes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9azTIoSXbVM
Jun 27 '08 #11
On Apr 23, 9:13*pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
Studiotyphoon wrote:
On Apr 22, 11:35 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>Studiotyphoo n wrote:
>>On Apr 22, 11:07 am, Studiotyphoon <a...@pidesign. co.ukwrote:
>>>On Apr 21, 10:49 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>Studiotypho on wrote:
>>>>>On Apr 21, 4:29 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>Studiotyp hoon wrote:
>>>>>>>On Apr 19, 8:51 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>>>Studiot yphoon wrote:
>>>>>>>>>Hi,
>>>>>>>>>I have report which I need to print 3 times, but would like to have
>>>>>the following headings
>>>>>>>>>Custom er Copy - Print 1
>>>>>Accoun ts Copy - Print 2
>>>>>File Copy -Print 3
>>>>>>>>>I created a macro to print the report three times, but do not know how
>>>>>I can display each text field for each print.
>>>>>>>>>Can anybody point me in the right direction.
>>>>>>>>What version of Access are you using? *There is an OpenArgs parameter
>>>>you can pass to the report in A2003. *Ex:
>>>* * DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "1"
>>>* * DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "2"
>>>* * DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "3"
>>>>>>>>The 1,2,3 is the argument. *I created a report called Report1. *I
>>>>creat ed 2 text boxes; Text1 and Text2. *I put Text1 in the report's
>>>>heade r, visible = False. *I put Text2 in the Report footer.
>>>>>>>>In Text1 I entered, for the ControlSource in the Data tab,
>>>* * =NZ([Reports]![Report1].[OpenArgs],"0")
>>>>as Report1 is the name of the report.
>>>>>>>>In Text2 I entered
>>>* * =IIf([Text1]="1","Customer" ,IIf([Text1]="2","Account", "File")) & " Copy" * * * *
>>>>in the control source.
>>>>>>>>Now when I run the report, depending on the argument passed, it prints
>>>>the value I want.
>>>>>>>>Firebal lshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkNI4Y IU2o
>>>>>>>Thanks for help so far.
>>>>>>>Runnin g Access 2003, SP2
>>>>>>>But still struggling to get it to work.
>>>>>>>I've added the following into the report under On Open Event
>>>>>>>* * DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "1"
>>>* * DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "2"
>>>* * DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "3"
>>>>>>>When I try running the report it comes up with an error against the
>>>first line of the code.
>>>>>>I don't use macros. *I checked the Macro builder and there's no OpenArgs
>>capabilit y with them. *I suppose you could use RunCode and in a code
>>module put the OpenReport lines in the sub.
>>>>>>Did you change "YourReportName " to the name of your report?
>>>>>>>Should this code be in the report or Form for the OpenArgs to be used.
>>>>>>Usually I call reports from a form. *I might have a command button
>>CommandRe port with a caption of "Report". *In the OnClick event Iwould
>>have those 3 lines. *I would not have them in the Report's module..
>>>>>>>Also see my reply direct to your email.
>>>>>>I don't think it made it. *Sald may mix with oil and vinegar but there's
>>not such email address as far as I know.
>>>>>>Remembe r, I created a text box in the Report header band. *I have
>* * *=NZ([Reports]![Report1].[OpenArgs],"0")
>>as the Control source (under data tab of property sheet). *You need to
>>change Report1 to your report's name.
>>>>>>In the footer band I put another textbox at the bottom to print themessage.
>=IIf([Text1]="1","Customer" ,IIf([Text1]="2","Account", "File"))
>>You need to change Text1 to the name of the Textbox in the Report header.
>>>>>>>Thanks in advance -
>>>>>>Here's another thing you could do. *Forget the first textbox...put the
>>second text box at the footer. *Now open the code module for the report
>>and put this code into it.
>>>>>>Private Function GetCopyText() As String
>* * *'if no argument passed default to "File". *Press F1
>* * *'on the word NZ for help if necessary.
>* * *Select Case NZ(Me.OpenArgs, 3)
>* * *Case 1
>* * * * * * *GetCopyText = "Customer"
>* * *Case 2
>* * * * * * *GetCopyText = "Accounts"
>* * *Case Else
>* * * * * * *GetCopyText = "File"
>* * *End Select
>* * *GetCopyText = GetCopyText & " Copy - Print "
>* * *GetCopyText = GetCopyText & NZ(Me.OpenArgs, 3)
>>End Function
>>>>>>Now in the ControlSource for the textbox in the report's page footer enter
>* * *=GetCopyText()
>>This will call the function GetCopyText and print the result in thefooter.
>>>>>>Either way works.
>>>>>>Feels Goodhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4lPE4 MI6A&NR=1-Hidequotedtext-
>>>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>>>Thanks for your help.
>>>>>I moved the the lines of code to the button on the Form and it
>generate s the printouts.
>>>>>The query I've generated prompts the user to enter an invoice number,
>to gather the information for the report.
>When I print invoice, the reports are generated but I have to enter
>the invoice number three times.
>>>>>Do you know how I can reduce this to entering only once ?
>>>>>Thanks again.
>>>>The easist way I know to do that is to create a TextBox on the form and
allow the user to enter an invoice number. *Then when you print the
report by pressing the Report command button do something like
*Private Sub CommandReport_C lick()
* * * If Not IsNull(Me.Invoi ceNumber) Then
* * * * * * * ...print report(s)
* * * Else
* * * * * * * msgbox "Please supply an invoice number."
* * * * * * * Me.InvoiceNumbe r.SetFocus
* * * Endif
*End Sub
>>>>Now lets say that this form is called Form1. *Open up the query in
design mode and under the InvoiceNumber column in the Criteria row enter
* * * Forms!Form1!Inv oiceNumber
You'd want to change Form1 to whatever formname you have.
>>>>Now what happens if you print all three reports and the first one prints
OK and then jams on the 2nd or 3rd report. *You could create an Option
group with 4 options; 0 = All, 1 = Cust, 2 = Accounts, 3 = File.
Default value (under Data tab) is 0, name of option group is Frame1.
Then when you print your code could be something like
*Private Sub CommandReport_C lick()
* * * Dim intFor As Integer
* * * If Not IsNull(Me.Invoi ceNumber) Then
* * * * * * * If Me.Frame1 <0 then
* * * * * * * * * * * Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReport",,, ,,Me.Frame1
* * * * * * * Else
* * * * * * * * For intFor = 1 to 3
* * * * * * * * * * * Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReport",,, ,,intFor
* * * * * * * * Next * * * * * * * ** * * * *
* * * Else
* * * * * * * msgbox "Please supply an invoice number."
* * * * * * * Me.InvoiceNumbe r.SetFocus
* * * Endif
*End Sub
>>>>Destinati on Unknownhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uitCCcL AtGw-Hidequotedtext -
>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>Thank you for your help.
>>>It has been gratelly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -
>>>- Show quoted text -
>>Hi me again,
>>With the code you gave me thought problem sorted.
>>For some reason when I put
>>Forms!Form1!I nvoiceNumber
>>in the criteria, an error occurred *invalid syntax regarding the
expression.
>>I changed it to the following based upon the help files but I get a
request for a parameter value.
>>[Forms]![Finance Invoice Form]![Internal ID]
>>Any Ideas ?
>Let's see, select all records from these tables where the invoice number
is equal to an invoice number in...a closed form. *I wonder what that
invoice number is?
>Are you calling this report form a form's code? *Or are you calling it
from the report's recordsource?
>I create form's to call reports. *I can then provide options, any thatI
like, and giving users choices to filter the report, direct the output,
exit without printing, etc.- Hide quoted text -
>- Show quoted text -
I have a Subform called invoicing, which is then linked to a header
Form.
I placed your code in the subform Invoicing and without entering the
code into the query, the report prints out all invoices it can find,
and three times as per the above code.
it would be fine if I wanted to print all invoices, but when I only
want to select the current invoice record using the code in the
criteria, I get a data mismatch when I try to print.
I can email a copy of the Database for you to look at and point me in
the right direction, if it help resolve the problem.
Thanks

OK. *You're in a subform. *I have no idea what the invoice number
textbox is called. *I'll use InvNum. *Substitute InvNum below with
whatever you are using.

First thing. *If you pass a number, you don't surround it with anything.
* If the invoice number is not a numeric field (look at your table) then
you surround it in quotes.

Now...I'll assume you are sitting on the record WITH the invoice number.

First, open up the query and remove any references to the
Forms!Form!InvN um or [Enter InvNum] in the criteria row.

OK. *We have a clean invoice query in the report and whereever.
Now...when you print a report you have various arguments you can pass.
So why not pass the InvNum you are sitting on in the subform?
* **if the field InvNum is a number
* *Docmd.OpenRepo rt "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,1
* *Docmd.OpenRepo rt "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,2
* *Docmd.OpenRepo rt "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,3

* **if the field InvNum is a text field
* *Docmd.OpenRepo rt "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",1
* *Docmd.OpenRepo rt "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",2
* *Docmd.OpenRepo rt "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",3

Small Potatoes ...

read more »- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -
Glad to know there are people like yourself willing to help.

Thanks, It worked a treat.
Jun 27 '08 #12
Studiotyphoon wrote:
On Apr 23, 9:13 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>Studiotypho on wrote:
>>>On Apr 22, 11:35 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>Studiotypho on wrote:
>>>>>On Apr 22, 11:07 am, Studiotyphoon <a...@pidesign. co.ukwrote:
>>>>>>On Apr 21, 10:49 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>>Studioty phoon wrote:
>>>>>>>>On Apr 21, 4:29 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>>>>Studio typhoon wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>On Apr 19, 8:51 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.c omwrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>Stud iotyphoon wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>H i,
>>>>>>>>>>>>I have report which I need to print 3 times, but would like to have
>>>>>>>>t he following headings
>>>>>>>>>>>>Cus tomer Copy - Print 1
>>>>>>>>Acc ounts Copy - Print 2
>>>>>>>>Fil e Copy -Print 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>I created a macro to print the report three times, but do not know how
>>>>>>>>I can display each text field for each print.
>>>>>>>>>>>>C an anybody point me in the right direction.
>>>>>>>>>>>Wh at version of Access are you using? There is an OpenArgs parameter
>>>>>>>yo u can pass to the report in A2003. Ex:
>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "1"
>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "2"
>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "3"
>>>>>>>>>>>Th e 1,2,3 is the argument. I created a report called Report1. I
>>>>>>>crea ted 2 text boxes; Text1 and Text2. I put Text1 in the report's
>>>>>>>head er, visible = False. I put Text2 in the Report footer.
>>>>>>>>>>>In Text1 I entered, for the ControlSource in the Data tab,
>>>>>> =NZ([Reports]![Report1].[OpenArgs],"0")
>>>>>>>as Report1 is the name of the report.
>>>>>>>>>>>In Text2 I entered
>>>>>> =IIf([Text1]="1","Customer" ,IIf([Text1]="2","Account", "File")) & " Copy"
>>>>>>>in the control source.
>>>>>>>>>>>No w when I run the report, depending on the argument passed, it prints
>>>>>>>th e value I want.
>>>>>>>>>>>Fire ballshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkNI4Y IU2o
>>>>>>>>>>Thank s for help so far.
>>>>>>>>>>Runni ng Access 2003, SP2
>>>>>>>>>>But still struggling to get it to work.
>>>>>>>>>>I'v e added the following into the report under On Open Event
>>>>>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "1"
>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "2"
>>>>>> DoCmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ", , , , , "3"
>>>>>>>>>>Whe n I try running the report it comes up with an error against the
>>>>>>fir st line of the code.
>>>>>>>>>I don't use macros. I checked the Macro builder and there's no OpenArgs
>>>>>capabi lity with them. I suppose you could use RunCode and in a code
>>>>>modu le put the OpenReport lines in the sub.
>>>>>>>>>Did you change "YourReportName " to the name of your report?
>>>>>>>>>>Shoul d this code be in the report or Form for the OpenArgs to be used.
>>>>>>>>>Usuall y I call reports from a form. I might have a command button
>>>>>Comman dReport with a caption of "Report". In the OnClick event I would
>>>>>have those 3 lines. I would not have them in the Report's module.
>>>>>>>>>>Als o see my reply direct to your email.
>>>>>>>>>I don't think it made it. Sald may mix with oil and vinegar but there's
>>>>>not such email address as far as I know.
>>>>>>>>>Rememb er, I created a text box in the Report header band. I have
>>>> =NZ([Reports]![Report1].[OpenArgs],"0")
>>>>>as the Control source (under data tab of property sheet). You need to
>>>>>chan ge Report1 to your report's name.
>>>>>>>>>In the footer band I put another textbox at the bottom to print the message.
>>>>>=IIf ([Text1]="1","Customer" ,IIf([Text1]="2","Account", "File"))
>>>>>You need to change Text1 to the name of the Textbox in the Report header.
>>>>>>>>>>Thank s in advance -
>>>>>>>>>Here 's another thing you could do. Forget the first textbox...put the
>>>>>seco nd text box at the footer. Now open the code module for the report
>>>>>and put this code into it.
>>>>>>>>>Privat e Function GetCopyText() As String
>>>> 'if no argument passed default to "File". Press F1
>>>> 'on the word NZ for help if necessary.
>>>> Select Case NZ(Me.OpenArgs, 3)
>>>> Case 1
>>>> GetCopyText = "Customer"
>>>> Case 2
>>>> GetCopyText = "Accounts"
>>>> Case Else
>>>> GetCopyText = "File"
>>>> End Select
>>>> GetCopyText = GetCopyText & " Copy - Print "
>>>> GetCopyText = GetCopyText & NZ(Me.OpenArgs, 3)
>>>>>End Function
>>>>>>>>>Now in the ControlSource for the textbox in the report's page footer enter
>>>> =GetCopyText()
>>>>>This will call the function GetCopyText and print the result in the footer.
>>>>>>>>>Eith er way works.
>>>>>>>>>Feel s Goodhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4lPE4 MI6A&NR=1-Hidequotedtext-
>>>>>>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>>>>>>Thank s for your help.
>>>>>>>>I moved the the lines of code to the button on the Form and it
>>>>generat es the printouts.
>>>>>>>>The query I've generated prompts the user to enter an invoice number,
>>>>to gather the information for the report.
>>>>When I print invoice, the reports are generated but I have to enter
>>>>the invoice number three times.
>>>>>>>>Do you know how I can reduce this to entering only once ?
>>>>>>>>Thank s again.
>>>>>>>The easist way I know to do that is to create a TextBox on the form and
>>>allow the user to enter an invoice number. Then when you print the
>>>report by pressing the Report command button do something like
>>Private Sub CommandReport_C lick()
>> If Not IsNull(Me.Invoi ceNumber) Then
>> ...print report(s)
>> Else
>> msgbox "Please supply an invoice number."
>> Me.InvoiceNumbe r.SetFocus
>> Endif
>>End Sub
>>>>>>>Now lets say that this form is called Form1. Open up the query in
>>>design mode and under the InvoiceNumber column in the Criteria row enter
>> Forms!Form1!Inv oiceNumber
>>>You'd want to change Form1 to whatever formname you have.
>>>>>>>Now what happens if you print all three reports and the first one prints
>>>OK and then jams on the 2nd or 3rd report. You could create an Option
>>>group with 4 options; 0 = All, 1 = Cust, 2 = Accounts, 3 = File.
>>>Defaul t value (under Data tab) is 0, name of option group is Frame1.
>>>Then when you print your code could be something like
>>Private Sub CommandReport_C lick()
>> Dim intFor As Integer
>> If Not IsNull(Me.Invoi ceNumber) Then
>> If Me.Frame1 <0 then
>> Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReport",,, ,,Me.Frame1
>> Else
>> For intFor = 1 to 3
>> Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReport",,, ,,intFor
>> Next
>> Else
>> msgbox "Please supply an invoice number."
>> Me.InvoiceNumbe r.SetFocus
>> Endif
>>End Sub
>>>>>>>Destinat ion Unknownhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uitCCcL AtGw-Hidequotedtext -
>>>>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>>>>Thank you for your help.
>>>>>>It has been gratelly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -
>>>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>>>Hi me again,
>>>>>With the code you gave me thought problem sorted.
>>>>>For some reason when I put
>>>>>Forms!Form 1!InvoiceNumber
>>>>>in the criteria, an error occurred invalid syntax regarding the
>expression .
>>>>>I changed it to the following based upon the help files but I get a
>request for a parameter value.
>>>>>[Forms]![Finance Invoice Form]![Internal ID]
>>>>>Any Ideas ?
>>>>Let's see, select all records from these tables where the invoice number
is equal to an invoice number in...a closed form. I wonder what that
invoice number is?
>>>>Are you calling this report form a form's code? Or are you calling it

from the report's recordsource?
>>>>I create form's to call reports. I can then provide options, any that I
like, and giving users choices to filter the report, direct the output,
exit without printing, etc.- Hide quoted text -
>>>>- Show quoted text -
>>>I have a Subform called invoicing, which is then linked to a header
Form.
>>>I placed your code in the subform Invoicing and without entering the
code into the query, the report prints out all invoices it can find,
and three times as per the above code.
>>>it would be fine if I wanted to print all invoices, but when I only
want to select the current invoice record using the code in the
criteria, I get a data mismatch when I try to print.
>>>I can email a copy of the Database for you to look at and point me in
the right direction, if it help resolve the problem.
>>>Thanks

OK. You're in a subform. I have no idea what the invoice number
textbox is called. I'll use InvNum. Substitute InvNum below with
whatever you are using.

First thing. If you pass a number, you don't surround it with anything.
If the invoice number is not a numeric field (look at your table) then
you surround it in quotes.

Now...I'll assume you are sitting on the record WITH the invoice number.

First, open up the query and remove any references to the
Forms!Form!In vNum or [Enter InvNum] in the criteria row.

OK. We have a clean invoice query in the report and whereever.
Now...when you print a report you have various arguments you can pass.
So why not pass the InvNum you are sitting on in the subform?
*if the field InvNum is a number
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,1
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,2
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = " & Me.InvNum,3

*if the field InvNum is a text field
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",1
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",2
Docmd.OpenRepor t "YourReportName ",,,"InvNum = '" & Me.InvNum & "'",3

Small Potatoes ...

read more »- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Glad to know there are people like yourself willing to help.

Thanks, It worked a treat.
You got it working? Fantastic!

Hip Hip Hurray :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXk5PWs0EEs
Jun 27 '08 #13

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

7
1687
by: Jonathan Smith | last post by:
Hi In order to make it easier for my colleagues to write their school reports I thought I might attempt to write a (simple) program. At the moment I am working mentally through the steps I would have to code just to make sure that I can do everything before I start. I have come to a halt with regard to printing them out. Any software I produce would have to produce a report in the same format as the one we curently use (they are hand...
5
5835
by: Tom Louchbaum | last post by:
When I preview my Access 2000 Report it looks fine. When I Email the report using DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "Report", acFormatRTF, "To Address", , , "Subject", , False the resulting attachment to the email consistently does not display all of the lines it should in one of the GroupFooters. I am using the Print event in the report to print lines multiple times in a groupfooter depending on an integer set elsewhere in the VBA...
3
3720
by: CSDunn | last post by:
Hello, I have a situation with MS Access 2000 in which I need to display report data in spreadsheet orientation (much like a datasheet view for a form). If you think of the report in terms of what a spreadsheet might show, the column names will actually be dynamic, based on data from a SQL Server 2000 database. The row data will also come from the same database. So in this case, I will have a main report and a subreport. I've already tried...
1
2732
by: Justin Koivisto | last post by:
I am trying to create a report that displays a name of an advertising source and count of the number of times it was hit between certain date ranges. The data is split between two different databases: this access db, and a remote MySQL server. The MySQL tables are linked in the access db. What I have done so far is created an On Open event for a report that does the following: * prompt user for the date range * get which sources were...
3
7037
by: TDIOwa | last post by:
I have a report printing form (Access 97) in which I print different reports from. I have added a combo box that selects the number of copies that I want to print. Here is the rub... The following is the syntax that I use. The only problem is that I have the Database window hidden at all times and when I hit the print command button the report prints but the Database window becomes visible. DoCmd.SelectObject acReport,...
2
1728
by: Allen Browne | last post by:
New article at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppRelReport.html describes how to show information about the fields when you print the Relationships Report in Access 2000 and later: the field type, size, indexes, properties, and the number of records in the table. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
69
8113
by: kabradley | last post by:
Alrighty Guys and Gals, I have another question that I hope you all can help me with. I have a report that uses a cross-tab query as its record source. This cross-tab query is getting all of its information from another query. That query, qryRpt, is pulling information from several different tables. One of these table is tblDistributions, a table that holds monthly distributions for a particular investment, and the second is tblDeduction, a...
2
2116
by: Ron | last post by:
I have a report let's call rptOne. On rptOne I have a subreport called srptOne. On srptOne I have a subreport called srptTwo. Sometimes, srptTwo is there and shows it's data and sometimes not, based on whether there is data in the query/table that srptTwo is based on of course. All works fine. However, now I'd like to control whether certain fields are visible on srptOne based on whether srptTwo is there or not. Is there a way to do...
1
3106
by: mailjaneen | last post by:
Hello, can someone help me. I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e. instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to file. I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/ exported. So for example when previewing, I'd do Me!.Visible = True.
0
9993
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main usage, and What is the difference between ONU and Router. Let’s take a closer look ! Part I. Meaning of...
0
9840
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language synchronization. With a Microsoft account, language settings sync across devices. To prevent any complications,...
1
10948
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For most users, this new feature is actually very convenient. If you want to control the update process,...
0
10483
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the choice of these technologies. I'm particularly interested in Zigbee because I've heard it does some...
0
9661
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then launch it, all on its own.... Now, this would greatly impact the work of software developers. The idea...
1
8035
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes instead of User Defined Types (UDT). For example, to manage the data in unbound forms. Adolph will...
0
6076
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
1
4706
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
2
4295
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.