473,719 Members | 2,199 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Function is not available in expressions in query expression Error

Hello

A person developed a Microsoft Access Solution and gave me the MDE
file. When I tried to run it, I got "Function is not available in
expressions in query expression 'Trim([......" Error.

I learnt from the Microsoft Website and from this Group that this is
problem is the result of a mismatch between the Computer where this
database was developed and compiled on and the Computer where I am
trying to run it.

Is there a way to fix this issue without getting the original MDB
file?

Thank you.

Aug 28 '07 #1
5 6107
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:37:18 -0000, el************* *@gmail.com wrote:

If it happened at startup time it's most likely a Missing Reference
problem, and the way to find out which one is missing is to have the
MDB, look at a code window, and select Tools References.

You can write code to check for references at startup time, but that's
a somewhat advanced topic and apparently not done in your app.

-Tom.

>Hello

A person developed a Microsoft Access Solution and gave me the MDE
file. When I tried to run it, I got "Function is not available in
expressions in query expression 'Trim([......" Error.

I learnt from the Microsoft Website and from this Group that this is
problem is the result of a mismatch between the Computer where this
database was developed and compiled on and the Computer where I am
trying to run it.

Is there a way to fix this issue without getting the original MDB
file?

Thank you.
Aug 28 '07 #2
I have the below references checked, However, how can I know of any
other missing references? -Thanks

Visual Basic For Aplications
Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug 28, 4:16 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7.. .@cox.netwrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:37:18 -0000, elie.constant.. .@gmail.com wrote:

If it happened at startup time it's most likely a Missing Reference
problem, and the way to find out which one is missing is to have the
MDB, look at a code window, and select Tools References.

You can write code to check for references at startup time, but that's
a somewhat advanced topic and apparently not done in your app.

-Tom.
Hello
A person developed a Microsoft Access Solution and gave me the MDE
file. When I tried to run it, I got "Function is not available in
expressions in query expression 'Trim([......" Error.
I learnt from the Microsoft Website and from this Group that this is
problem is the result of a mismatch between the Computer where this
database was developed and compiled on and the Computer where I am
trying to run it.
Is there a way to fix this issue without getting the original MDB
file?
Thank you.

Aug 28 '07 #3
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:32:39 -0000, el************* *@gmail.com wrote:

They would be marked as Missing in that same window.

It's unusual (though not illegal) to have both DAO and ADO selected.

Can you give us the entire SQL statement?

-Tom.
>I have the below references checked, However, how can I know of any
other missing references? -Thanks

Visual Basic For Aplications
Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug 28, 4:16 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7.. .@cox.netwrote:
>On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:37:18 -0000, elie.constant.. .@gmail.com wrote:

If it happened at startup time it's most likely a Missing Reference
problem, and the way to find out which one is missing is to have the
MDB, look at a code window, and select Tools References.

You can write code to check for references at startup time, but that's
a somewhat advanced topic and apparently not done in your app.

-Tom.
>Hello
>A person developed a Microsoft Access Solution and gave me the MDE
file. When I tried to run it, I got "Function is not available in
expressions in query expression 'Trim([......" Error.
>I learnt from the Microsoft Website and from this Group that this is
problem is the result of a mismatch between the Computer where this
database was developed and compiled on and the Computer where I am
trying to run it.
>Is there a way to fix this issue without getting the original MDB
file?
>Thank you.
Aug 29 '07 #4
On Aug 29, 4:05 am, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7.. .@cox.netwrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:32:39 -0000, elie.constant.. .@gmail.com wrote:

They would be marked as Missing in that same window.

It's unusual (though not illegal) to have both DAO and ADO selected.

Can you give us the entire SQL statement?

-Tom.
I have the below references checked, However, how can I know of any
other missing references? -Thanks
Visual Basic For Aplications
Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug 28, 4:16 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7.. .@cox.netwrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:37:18 -0000, elie.constant.. .@gmail.com wrote:
If it happened at startup time it's most likely a Missing Reference
problem, and the way to find out which one is missing is to have the
MDB, look at a code window, and select Tools References.
You can write code to check for references at startup time, but that's
a somewhat advanced topic and apparently not done in your app.
-Tom.
Hello
Hi Tom

I don't have the SQL Statement as it's an MDE file but I can see part
of it in the error message. it is: Function is not available in
expression in query expression 'TRIM([ContactFName] & " " &
[ContactMName] & " " & [ContactLName])

Regards
Elie
>
A person developed a Microsoft Access Solution and gave me the MDE
file. When I tried to run it, I got "Function is not available in
expressions in query expression 'Trim([......" Error.
I learnt from the Microsoft Website and from this Group that this is
problem is the result of a mismatch between the Computer where this
database was developed and compiled on and the Computer where I am
trying to run it.
Is there a way to fix this issue without getting the original MDB
file?
Thank you.

Aug 30 '07 #5
If you only have the MDE file, how have you checked to see what references
are checked? You can only do this, to my knowledge, by going into the code
window for any form in the db and opening References, which you can't do from
an MDE file. The only function showing in the error message is *Trim*, which
is part of the Visual Basic for Applications library.

--
There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Message posted via AccessMonster.c om
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...ccess/200708/1

Aug 30 '07 #6

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

3
14942
by: domeceo | last post by:
can anyone tell me why I cannot pass values in a setTimeout function whenever I use this function it says "menu is undefined" after th alert. function imgOff(menu, num) { if (document.images) { document.images.src = eval("mt" +menu+ ".src") } alert("imgOff_hidemenu"); hideMenu=setTimeout('Hide(menu,num)',500);
8
9615
by: Henk van Winkoop | last post by:
Hello, I debugged some html file and found this: ------------------------------------------------------------ <script language="JavaScript"> if ( some_statement ) { function MyFunction ( some_argument ) {
5
9537
by: deko | last post by:
After developing an MDB in Access 2003 on WS03, then making it into an MDE and deploying it on a WinXP box with Access 2003 installed, I get this error: Function is not available in expressions in query expression SELECT IIf(IsNull(),"", & Chr(13) & Char(10)) & IIf(IsNull(),"", & Char(13) & Char(10)) & IIf(IsNull(),"", & Char(13) & Char(10)) & IIf(IsNull(),"",] & IIf(IsNull(),"",", ") &
18
9040
by: Steve | last post by:
Hi I have a really weird problem and any assistance would be welcome. I have developed an app in Access 2002. The app runs perfectly on the development machine. I have packaged the app using the Microsoft XP Developer Packaging Wizard (Service Pack 1). The 1st 3 releases of the app ran perfectly on site.
4
8173
by: uspensky | last post by:
I have a table (cars) with 3 fields: VIN, Class, sell_price 101, sports, 10000 102, sports, 11000 103, luxury, 9000 104, sports, 11000 105, sports, 11000 106, luxury, 5000 107, sports, 11000
3
11901
by: pw | last post by:
Hi, I created and distributed an Access 2003 MDE. When the user opens up a form he get's an error message :Function is not available in expressions in query expression 'Trim( & ", " & )'. It works fine at other clients. How can I resolve this? I do not see anything in the MS KB.
4
2133
by: alex | last post by:
I am so confused with these three concept,who can explained it?thanks so much? e.g. var f= new Function("x", "y", "return x * y"); function f(x,y){ return x*y } var f=function(x,y){
4
2492
by: Tony Lownds | last post by:
(Note: PEPs in the 3xxx number range are intended for Python 3000) PEP: 3107 Title: Function Annotations Version: $Revision: 53169 $ Last-Modified: $Date: 2006-12-27 20:59:16 -0800 (Wed, 27 Dec 2006) $ Author: Collin Winter <collinw@gmail.com>, Tony Lownds <tony@lownds.com> Status: Draft Type: Standards Track
2
1723
by: deependrapathak | last post by:
Hi All, I am currently facing a crutial problem in Access2003 in Windows XP on just 3 PCs, the Application throws some of the errors specified below : 1. Error Number : 3075 Function is not available in expressions in query expression 'Format(,"$#,##0.00")' . 2. On Click Error : The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist. 3. On Click Error : Function is not available in expressions in query...
0
8829
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main usage, and What is the difference between ONU and Router. Let’s take a closer look ! Part I. Meaning of...
0
8726
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can effortlessly switch the default language on Windows 10 without reinstalling. I'll walk you through it. First, let's disable language synchronization. With a Microsoft account, language settings sync across devices. To prevent any complications,...
0
9361
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers, it seems that the internal comparison operator "<=>" tries to promote arguments from unsigned to signed. This is as boiled down as I can make it. Here is my compilation command: g++-12 -std=c++20 -Wnarrowing bit_field.cpp Here is the code in...
0
9054
tracyyun
by: tracyyun | last post by:
Dear forum friends, With the development of smart home technology, a variety of wireless communication protocols have appeared on the market, such as Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Each protocol has its own unique characteristics and advantages, but as a user who is planning to build a smart home system, I am a bit confused by the choice of these technologies. I'm particularly interested in Zigbee because I've heard it does some...
0
7997
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then launch it, all on its own.... Now, this would greatly impact the work of software developers. The idea...
1
6661
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new presenter, Adolph Dupré who will be discussing some powerful techniques for using class modules. He will explain when you may want to use classes instead of User Defined Types (UDT). For example, to manage the data in unbound forms. Adolph will...
0
4482
by: TSSRALBI | last post by:
Hello I'm a network technician in training and I need your help. I am currently learning how to create and manage the different types of VPNs and I have a question about LAN-to-LAN VPNs. The last exercise I practiced was to create a LAN-to-LAN VPN between two Pfsense firewalls, by using IPSEC protocols. I succeeded, with both firewalls in the same network. But I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same thing, with 2 Pfsense firewalls...
2
2565
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
3
2125
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating effective websites that not only look great but also perform exceptionally well. In this comprehensive...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.