473,395 Members | 1,466 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,395 software developers and data experts.

Changing color of required fields on wrong entry

Hi,

I have a application where there are number of fields for name, age etc designed with PHP ans CSS. There are some required fields with * marking, when the user forgets to enter the data or makes any wrong entry, the field color should change. How to achieve this is CSS.
Please anybody give me some hints regarding this.

With regards
Sep 29 '08 #1
3 1866
drhowarddrfine
7,435 Expert 4TB
Neither html or css can do this. You must ask on the PHP board.
Sep 29 '08 #2
Javascript should be able to do this pretty easily. This thread may help: http://bytes.com/forum/thread638199.html
Oct 1 '08 #3
acoder
16,027 Expert Mod 8TB
Moved to the JavaScript forum.

Moderator.
Oct 1 '08 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Mark Parnell | last post by:
I'm relatively new to PHP, and have just converted a site from ASP to PHP. There is one thing I haven't managed to do, though. When the site was using ASP, I had one file (called variables.asp),...
by: ehm | last post by:
I am working on creating an editable grid (for use in adding, deleting, and editing rows back to an Oracle database). I have a JSP that posts back to a servlet, which in turns posts to a WebLogic...
by: Orchid | last post by:
Hello All, Hope someone can help me on my required field problems. I have a form base on a table for users to input new Employees. There are 4 fields that cannot be Null when entering new...
by: David | last post by:
Hi I seem to be getting nowhere with this. I am opening a form which will be used to input Notes into different fields in a table. My problem is changing the unbound field name to the field name...
by: Tony W | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to write a simple application to retrieve data from the Windows registry and insert it into textboxs on a windows form. So far I have one namespace containing two classess. ...
by: Ed West | last post by:
Hello, I have a simple form with some input boxes. After validation if one fails, then I would like to at the top of the page say something like "The following fields in red are required" and...
by: momcoder | last post by:
I'd like to change the background color in fields on a form when the user has made an entry in them. I'm having trouble figuring out the correct way to refer to the background color of the elements...
by: KMEscherich | last post by:
Using Access '97 Hi there, am wondering if there is a way to have a CLOSE button on the form and have it NOT CLOSE the form unless all the REQUIRED controls have an entry. I have 3 items I...
by: ApexData | last post by:
Access2000, using a continuous form. I’m getting a message that say “you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table Employee”. This occurs in all my combobox...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.