473,396 Members | 1,774 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,396 software developers and data experts.

Array in Store procedure

Dear all,

Sometimes I happened the require that the number of input parameters
of SP is not fixed, Can sql T-SQL handle the array (dynamic array)?
Does anybody ever used an array name as the input parameter to call
the SP?

thanks,

Robert
Jul 20 '05 #1
3 25985
SQL doesn't have arrays but see this article for some alternatives:

http://www.sommarskog.se/arrays-in-sql.html

--
David Portas
SQL Server MVP
--
Jul 20 '05 #2
Robert Song wrote:
Dear all,

Sometimes I happened the require that the number of input parameters
of SP is not fixed, Can sql T-SQL handle the array (dynamic array)?
Does anybody ever used an array name as the input parameter to call
the SP?

thanks,

Robert

I had this problem a year ago and solved it using a udf named fn_Split
I found it pretty fast.
You give it a list of parameters as '1,2,3,4,5,6' and it returns a temp
table
so you can select from fn_Split() and have something like

i found a version of this udf at
http://www.umachandar.com/technical/...yFns/Main7.htm

hth

f.
Jul 20 '05 #3
Hi David,

Thank you so much for your reply, i will read the article later on.

Cheers,

Robert Song

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
Jul 20 '05 #4

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Christopher Richards | last post by:
I have a variable that stores a temporary password. I'm just learning about arrays. I know this is wrong $pwList= ($newPW); I want to add the value of the $newPW which keeps changing to a unique...
by: - | last post by:
since mysql's stored procedure does not accept an array as a parameter, is it a good practice to input a string delimited parameter eg. call stored_procedure(param1, param2,...
by: Steve Wasser | last post by:
I've got a DataTable, see? I'm pulling it from a stored procedure, dig? I've gotta push it to an array for calculating certain columns, then spit it to a web page. With me so far? The datacolumns...
by: AFN | last post by:
I need to manually create the data to be shown in a datagrid (or some data table object). Should I create an array and bind the array to the datagrid OR should I create a temporary dataset and...
by: Miro | last post by:
Im trying to store data as I would in some old language. Old Example //Create an array that holds 3 different variable types TempArray := { { "Hello", 1, False }, { "Goodbye", 123, True } } ...
by: ducky801 | last post by:
Hi all, I've got some general VB experience, but i'm not sure how to approach the problem at hand. here is what i've got: I have a database that holds employee data (access database). I want...
by: rxding | last post by:
Hello, Performance reason we need to move some of our code into database. Java Store Procedure is given the first choice. However, while investigating some sample code of Java store procedure, ...
by: aaron80v | last post by:
Hi, Currently I am embarked on a project that requires me to define and pass array to stored procedure, and I found out that there is no direct way to do this. I wonder if a combination of UDF...
by: sreemati | last post by:
Hi Everyone, I had an ASP page which takes all the column values in array and then passes it to store procedure. Now one of the variable in the store procedure needs to be changed from int to real...
by: ssubbarayan | last post by:
Hi all, I am trying a program to convert floating point values to a byte array and printing the same to the screen.The idea behind this is we already have an existing function which can do byte...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.