473,385 Members | 1,907 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,385 software developers and data experts.

How can we develop iPhone Applications

N002199B
Hie Gurus...

How does one develop iPhone applications without a Mac NoteBook. eg: on a simple intel PC? It seems the SDK is only meant for Mac Notebooks.

Secondly. What is the, so called "native language" used in developing the custom applications. I am feeling heavily constrained......

I am into java and j2me
Jun 21 '08 #1
4 15003
markmcgookin
648 Expert 512MB
Hi there,

Unfortunatly under the rule of Steve jobs, apple have forced you to use their hardware to create their software! You must use an apple computer running OS 10.5 or later. to apply to be an apple developer (to sell your software you must sell it through apple) it costs about $99 for a personal licence, or about $350 for a commercial one I think.

(Or if you are smart you could get in there when it was a beta and get a free one!)

The native language used on the apples is whatever one that they include in xcode, I'm not 100% sure on what it is, but I know that the iPhone supports coco too.

There is really only one (less than legal... thus I do not recommend!) option for not buying a Mac for developing these and that is to create a hackintosh by over-riding some BIOS settings to force your PC to think it is a MAC and use hooky OS to create the computer, but this is not legal, not reliable and 90% I think it is a waste of your time.

If you are doing this through a company I would suggest buying a Mac Mini for £399 and just paying it off in £15 monthly payments if money is an issue.

Once you become an apple developer, there are great videos and examples in the developer center on apple.com to help you get started.

Mark
Jun 21 '08 #2
RedSon
5,000 Expert 4TB
And for the record, there will be no discussion on how to do this on this forum. There will be no support from any of our experts or moderators, in fact, if anyone makes up a post asking questions about how to subvert Apple's licensing restrictions they will be in danger of having their account immediately banned and deleted.
Jun 23 '08 #3
markmcgookin
648 Expert 512MB
And for the record, there will be no discussion on how to do this on this forum. There will be no support from any of our experts or moderators, in fact, if anyone makes up a post asking questions about how to subvert Apple's licensing restrictions they will be in danger of having their account immediately banned and deleted.
Haha.... don't listen to him he hasn't had a coffee... I am trying to get a client to take an iPhone contract for some software so I can get a free one.
Jun 24 '08 #4
RedSon
5,000 Expert 4TB
Haha.... don't listen to him he hasn't had a coffee... I am trying to get a client to take an iPhone contract for some software so I can get a free one.
Not enough coffee... or too much coffee, you be the judge!
Sep 9 '08 #5

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: skip | last post by:
Anybody tried this port of Python to the iPhone? http://www.modmyi.com/nativeapps/python-v251/ http://iphone.natetrue.com/ Hasn't been updated since July 2007. Maybe just a proof-of-concept? ...
by: Python Nutter | last post by:
Yes it does involve Jailbreaking. Python GCC Java and Ruby are all available to run on the iPhone after you Jailbreak it. Just run the Cydia appliacation (jailbreak's AppStore) to install
by: babu8880 | last post by:
www.convensysglobal.com/elearn You can login and attend courses and similar resources ask your doubts from experienced engineers in iphone and Objective C Domain You can attend live classes...
by: Python Nutter | last post by:
Mini install guide for python on the iPhone: Cydia =Install SSH helps make initial configuration easier until you get used to MobileTerminal Cydia =Install MobileTerminal (closest to a bash...
by: phpfreak2007 | last post by:
Hello, I am new to mobile application. I want to make simple application for iPhone. I don't know how to build iphone application. Is MAC OS compulsary to build application. I want to know...
by: cholebaby | last post by:
Could anyone suggest some resource sites offering tools and tutorials for .net 2008 and Java development for iPhone? If anyone have idea about this then please reply.
by: cholebaby | last post by:
I'm new to mobile and Mac development and going to develop a battle game "metallic series crystal caze" for iPhone and Mac. Heard that mono is a good tool. Could anyone suggests a good tutorial...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.