473,386 Members | 1,652 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,386 software developers and data experts.

Classic ASP - How to email from a webpage

i m just new to Web Tech. i have to design a web page in HTML in which user enters some information in a form on that webpage , on submitting all that information passes to me on my email . Without use of outlookexpress on Client Computers. Any Solution plz
May 24 '08 #1
10 1982
Markus
6,050 Expert 4TB
You need to utilise a clientside language.

Have a look into PHP and it's mail() funciton
May 24 '08 #2
ronverdonk
4,258 Expert 4TB
You need to utilise a clientside language.

Have a look into PHP and it's mail() funciton
I sure hope you mean a server side language (like PHP, ASP, etc.)

Ronald
May 24 '08 #3
Markus
6,050 Expert 4TB
I sure hope you mean a server side language (like PHP, ASP, etc.)

Ronald
Darn it!

Yeh, server-side.

:(
May 25 '08 #4
I have problem in sending email In ASP with this Code . When i run it shows no error but no mail is received at other end

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. <%
  3. Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
  4. myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO"
  5. myMail.From="abc@abc.com"
  6. myMail.To="ccd@yahoo.ca"
  7. myMail.Bcc="dcd@yahoo.ca"
  8. myMail.Cc="deg@yahoo.ca"
  9. myMail.TextBody="This is a message."
  10. myMail.Send
  11. set myMail=nothing
  12. response.write(" Done ")
  13. %>
May 27 '08 #5
ronverdonk
4,258 Expert 4TB
This is the HTML and CSS forum. Your question does not belong in this forum but in the ASP forum.

Ronald
May 27 '08 #6
i have problem in sending email In ASP with this Code . When i run it shows no error but no mail is received at other end i m using IIS and XP Pro using default localhost server
Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  2. <%
  4. Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
  5. myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO"
  6. myMail.From="abc@abc.com"
  7. myMail.To="ccd@yahoo.ca"
  8. myMail.Bcc="dcd@yahoo.ca"
  9. myMail.Cc="deg@yahoo.ca"
  10. myMail.TextBody="This is a message."
  11. myMail.Send
  12. set myMail=nothing
  13. response.write(" Done ")
  14. %>
any suggestions
May 27 '08 #7
DrBunchman
979 Expert 512MB
I find the easiest way to diagnose email problems is to create a VBScript with your email code and run it on the server - it should give you a message with some idea about why it's not working.

Also, do you have McAfee or similar software running on the server? Some firewalls or virus scanners have a default configuration which can prevent mail from sending.

Let me know how you get on,

Dr B
May 28 '08 #8
DrBunchman
979 Expert 512MB
Merged threads.

MOD
May 28 '08 #9
I find the easiest way to diagnose email problems is to create a VBScript with your email code and run it on the server - it should give you a message with some idea about why it's not working.

Also, do you have McAfee or similar software running on the server? Some firewalls or virus scanners have a default configuration which can prevent mail from sending.

Let me know how you get on,

Dr B
A very special Thanks to Dr. Bunchman

My Mccafee was killing my mails. But what if the host server has such kind of softwares. Any suggestions
May 28 '08 #10
DrBunchman
979 Expert 512MB
Glad to help :-)

McAfee has a setting which says something like:

"Prevent from mass-mailing worms on Port 25"

Which is what is preventing you from sending mail. You will need to check with your host but you'll probably find that they will have a dedicated mail server which you can use rather than the default smtp server.

If you are installing on your own (or company) servers and you wish to use the default smtp then you can either turn this setting off or use a different port to send your mail.

Hope this helps,

Dr B
May 29 '08 #11

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: jason | last post by:
the enterprise is going to eventually convert the existing ASP Classic website to ASP.NET until that time, development has already begun for a C# library of business objects. for the most part,...
by: JackV | last post by:
Hi all, Just starting in ASP.NET finnally. I have a basic question. I want to simply display data from a SQLSever table on to the webpage. Simple enough? I created an app on the ASP server...
by: Velvet | last post by:
Can someone tell me to what process I need to attach to be able to step through my classic ASP code in VS.net 2003. I'm working on an XP box with IIS installed. I also have VS.net 2005 (The...
by: Kent.Gallinger | last post by:
I have a web application that contains asp.net and classic asp pages. I have a vb.net function that I would like to use in one of the classic asp pages. How can I do this? Can I do this? ...
by: ianbarton | last post by:
Hello all I am trying to setup a feedback form on my webpage using some script provided by my ISP. I really don't know a lot about PHP and it's syntax etc. The feedback form only has 4...
by: MarkusJNZ | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to pass an number from a classic asp webpage to a .NET webservice. Because my C# webservice expects an integer and classic ASP uses variants I keep getting problems with object...
by: antonyliu2002 | last post by:
We are extending a web application written in classic ASP long time ago. We will add more components to this web application in ASP.NET 2.0. To use the web application, our web users will have...
by: =?Utf-8?B?c2NodXJzdDMw?= | last post by:
Hi, I am currently trying to get back into ASP and have begun looking at an old webpage I developed some years ago, it was fully functional back in 2002 and I had it up and running with no...
by: mike | last post by:
Hello, is there a way to open an app from Classic ASP? For example, I want to open the file "calc5.xls" on the server when a particular webpage is opened. Any help greatly appreciated! ...
by: David | last post by:
Hi, I am attempting to do URL ReWriting with .NET to my classic ASP app. (Too big to upgrade to .NET at the moment). However, those who have tried will know that classic asp when rewritten...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Most computers default to English, but sometimes we require a different language, especially when relocating. Forgot to request a specific language before your computer shipped? No problem! You can...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.