473,407 Members | 2,546 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,407 software developers and data experts.

access and barcodes

157 100+
Hello!

I need to make access generate barcodes based on basic number combination. Anybody have experience with this?

Kindly Regards
Eirik
Apr 30 '08 #1
3 2874
Stewart Ross
2,545 Expert Mod 2GB
Hi MrDeej. There are simple approaches to bar codes, and more general but complex approaches. I use a free 3 of 9 bar code font to generate bar codes. This is very simple to use - the bar code font just requires a start and stop character before the value output (simple "*" characters for the font I use). I find it 100% reliable in operation, too.

The downside of this simple approach is that the free font has to be installed on every PC that runs the application, which restricts its generality.

The most general solution is to generate bar codes as WMF or similar graphic files directly. I have not got experience of this myself. There are commercial bar code OCX controls available which do this, but being commercial it is at a cost.

There may be code available in other languages for generating bar codes which could be adapted for VBA, but I haven't checked this out recently to see what could be around. Perhaps it would be worth asking for assistance from the VB forum in this site?

-Stewart
May 1 '08 #2
mshmyob
904 Expert 512MB
First thing I would like to point out is that I have never done anything with bar codes. I was just interested in this thread. I looked online for the parameters for a UPC-A bar code and threw this code together. Hopefully it will give you some ideas if you need to create your own by code.

I take no responsiblity for the accuracy (lol).

cheers,

Hello!

I need to make access generate barcodes based on basic number combination. Anybody have experience with this?

Kindly Regards
Eirik
Attached Files
File Type: zip barcode.zip (37.0 KB, 319 views)
May 1 '08 #3
MrDeej
157 100+
Thank you guys! I am currently developing an ean VBA-module with help from both your replys :)
May 9 '08 #4

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Arif | last post by:
Very strange problem: Executing my query against MS Access database using OleDbProvider for Access, I am getting the value for first two columns '0' instead of '1' in DataGrid. But if I connect to...
by: MDB | last post by:
Hello All, I am trying to figure out how to dynamically create and display barcodes in a web form. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me an example? Due to budget issues, I...
by: Korpisoturi | last post by:
Access 97 working little slowly. I have windows 2000. The computer is old..processor is about 300 MHz and RAM- memory capasity is ~164 Mb. Hard disk is 3.0GB. I have only three tables which are...
by: DeanL | last post by:
Hi all, This is probably not the group for this but I'm not sure quite where else to go. Does anyone know where to find the barcode standards for FedEx shipments of all types of shipping they...
by: toolinventory | last post by:
I'm a newbie and I have to take data from access (inventory), put the table into a label-making software. Then I need to find a way to scan the barcodes and have that call up the data in access....
by: Burhan | last post by:
Hello Group: I am in the planning stages of an application that will be accessed over the web, and one of the ideas is to print a barcode that is generated when the user creates a record. The...
by: KDawg44 | last post by:
Hi, I am trying to write a page that creates some barcodes using the PEAR Image_Barcode module. I am getting one barcode to write just fine but it will not print out any more than one and will...
by: nmrpa91290 | last post by:
Hi, I am in the design phase of building a database that will track the productivity of my warehouse. I am thinking of using a barcode scanner to assist me with this. Employees will hopefully...
by: Peader | last post by:
Hello, A quick question to see if anybody can recommend a barcode application which can run through Access 2000 to print UPC-A barcodes on Reports. Thanks in advance, Peader
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However,...
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing,...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 1 May 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome a new...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.