473,382 Members | 1,359 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,382 developers and data experts.

Debugging in VBA - 2D) The Immediate Pane (Ctrl-G)

NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Table of Contents - [Debugging in VBA]
Previous Chapter - [Debugging in VBA - 2C) The Properties Pane (F4)]
Next Chapter - [Debugging in VBA - 2E) The Object Browser Pane (F2)]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2D) The Immediate Pane (Ctrl-G).
This enables both displaying of Debug information as well as executing 'on the fly' code.

In here you can try out all sorts of things. This pane is often used for Debug printing as the results of Debug.? (Print) are sent to this pane. As well as seeing the results of the printing in here, you can also assign values to variables or run most types of code from here. You can call for execution of code as long as it's in scope. Public procedures can be called as well as current-scope variables enquired of, and even set.
When used properly, this pane can be almost as useful as the Code pane itself.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VBAImm.Jpg (10.4 KB, 1324 views)
May 20 '07 #1
0 7513

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Emrehan Can | last post by:
Hi, I have been in trouble with debugging in VS.NET IDE. I put a bookmark and stop there to debug. When I write let's say: ?txtTemp.Text and press enter, the pane suspends and locks the...
by: phantom | last post by:
Greetings: I have a question about debugging or stepping through DTS package Active X scripts. When I hit a bug Microsoft Development Environment pops up the script and highlights where the error...
by: rodchar | last post by:
Hey all, when i'm in debug mode, is there a way to get to a certain record in a dataset (say like in the Immediate window or something)? thanks, rodchar
by: Joseph S. | last post by:
hi all, debugging PHP applications interactively is possible, easy and free. I am talking about PHPEclipse and using it for debugging over several scripts or debugging through a session. Since I...
by: vul | last post by:
In VB6 I used to use Immediate Window to get or change values of variables. It is very convenient while debugging. I used drag and drop operation to paste the variable name into Immediate Window....
by: Frank Rizzo | last post by:
I am using the Immediate Window a lot to see the progress of the application. In VS2003, if your cursor was at the very bottom, the window would scroll down whenever something new showed up. If...
NeoPa
by: NeoPa | last post by:
VBA executes whenever the code is triggered from within your project. This can be from all sorts of object events from simply opening a form to clicking on a command button. When something doesn't...
by: Brad Pears | last post by:
I have a simple little test project and am testing out some system.io commands... I have a main form and in the form's load event I am running some code which I am debugging... When the code...
NeoPa
Table of Contents - Previous Chapter - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3) General Tips. The first and most important tip is...
NeoPa
Table of Contents - Previous Chapter - Next Chapter - General Tips] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2G) The Watch Pane. This...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
BarryA
by: BarryA | last post by:
What are the essential steps and strategies outlined in the Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) roadmap for aspiring data scientists? How can individuals effectively utilize this roadmap to progress...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.