473,388 Members | 1,370 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,388 software developers and data experts.

Select all tables in a database

hi to all

i am sridhar

My question is:

To select all tables in a database is

select name from sysobjects where type='U'

But want to mension the database name in the query itself

select .............. where database = 'mydatabas'"

i need query for this

thanks
Jun 14 '07 #1
1 6623
Purple
404 Expert 256MB
Hi,

how about

Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers
  1. SELECT     name AS Expr1, xtype AS Expr2
  2. FROM         mydatabas.dbo.sysobjects
  3. WHERE     (xtype = 'U')
xtype of 'S' if you want system tables

dbo is the owner

Purple
Jun 14 '07 #2

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Beyonder | last post by:
I have five tables in my database, there are actually NO common fields between them, not even a KEY or ID or anything like that, except for the "body" of a blob field. and that text is not...
by: jayson_13 | last post by:
Hi, I need to implement a counter and i face problem of locking so hope that u guys can help me. I try to do test like this : 1st connection SELECT * FROM nextkey WHERE tblname = 'PLCN'...
by: Matt Jensen | last post by:
Howdy Fairly simple question I think, I presume the answer is no it can't be reused for 2 *SELECT* statements, but just hoping for clarification. Just asking in the interests of trying to minimise...
by: abc my vclass | last post by:
I want to write a form control to lookup some tables fields from database, let users to select one record (or multi-select more records) under win-form environment for fill some fields of parent...
by: Grant McLean | last post by:
Hi First a simple question ... I have a table "access_log" that has foreign keys "app_id" and "app_user_id" that reference the "application_type" and "app_user" tables. When I insert into...
by: Shwetabh | last post by:
Hi, I have two tables: Code and Color. The create command for them is : create table Color( Partnum varchar(10), Eng_Color char(10), Span_Color char(20), Frch_Color char(20), CONSTRAINT...
by: Peter | last post by:
People are telling me it is bad to put select * from <atable> in a view. I better should list all fields of the table inside the definition of the view. I dont know exactly why but some...
by: andro | last post by:
Hi everybody! I have several tables from which I want to exract the SAME value (along with other referenced data). All the values are in the same column within the tables. How can I achieve...
by: rallykarro | last post by:
Hi, How do I at the best way perform select statements over multiple databases? I have a couple of databases containing the same table definitions with diffrent data. Now I want them to act...
by: Nikhil | last post by:
I am using the MySQLdb python module. I have a table named 'testing' with few columns, under the 'test' database, what is hosted on a remote mysql server. I want to run the following query to...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: Charles Arthur | last post by:
How do i turn on java script on a villaon, callus and itel keypad mobile phone
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often receive Excel tables with data in the same format. If we want to analyze these data, it can be difficult to analyze them because the data is spread across multiple Excel files...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: nemocccc | last post by:
hello, everyone, I want to develop a software for my android phone for daily needs, any suggestions?
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...
Oralloy
by: Oralloy | last post by:
Hello folks, I am unable to find appropriate documentation on the type promotion of bit-fields when using the generalised comparison operator "<=>". The problem is that using the GNU compilers,...
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.