473,385 Members | 1,326 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,385 software developers and data experts.

MySQL server has gone away problem

I have MySql server version: 5.0.22-community-nt.
When I try to import data with this command

mysql --default-character-set=utf8 mimi < c:\django\mujserver\mimi.sql

I will get the error

ERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 230: MySQL server has gone away
File c:\django\mujserver\mimi.sql is about 3.5 MB large

Any idea how to solve that problem?
Thank you for help

Regards,
L.

Jun 23 '06 #1
2 40927
>I have MySql server version: 5.0.22-community-nt.

I will get the error

'MySQL server has gone away' generally means one of:
(1) the connection timed out due to idle time limit,
(2) mysqld dumped core or otherwise aborted
(3) the server or mysqld was shut down or rebooted,
or network connectivity went away

(1) is unlikely in your situation. (2) is a likely cause and the
best fix I can think of is to upgrade to a newer version of MySQL.

There might possibly be an issue of the MySQL server exceeding
resource limits.

Gordon L. Burditt
Jun 23 '06 #2

Gordon Burditt wrote:
I have MySql server version: 5.0.22-community-nt.

I will get the error

'MySQL server has gone away' generally means one of:
(1) the connection timed out due to idle time limit,
(2) mysqld dumped core or otherwise aborted
(3) the server or mysqld was shut down or rebooted,
or network connectivity went away

(1) is unlikely in your situation. (2) is a likely cause and the
best fix I can think of is to upgrade to a newer version of MySQL.

There might possibly be an issue of the MySQL server exceeding
resource limits.

Hello Gordon ,
Thank you for your reply.
The reason was that I wanted to import about 3MB data and I think the
default is about 1MB only.So ,.
I had to add
max_allowed_packet=16M
to my my.ini file,restart the service and now it works .
Regards,
L.

Jun 24 '06 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Anubrata Chakrabarti | last post by:
According to the manual mysql server goes away automatically after 8 hrs (by default). I changed wait_timeout and tried to recreate the problem but no luck! I can access the server even after 8...
by: Brian | last post by:
Hello I am using version 4.0.12-nt of MySQL and when I hit the enter key rapidly I can't connect to the database. The result is a message is returned to me from mysql that says I can't connect...
by: Plymouth Acclaim | last post by:
Hi guys, We have a problem with Dual AMD64 Opteron/MySQL 4.0.18/Mandrake 10 for a very high volume site. We are evaluating the performance on our new server AMD64 and it seems it's slow compared...
by: David M. | last post by:
Hi, I have this error when I am connected in mysql: ERROR 2006: MySQL server has gone away. No connection. Trying to reconnect... I only did this command: show databases; and received the...
by: zMisc | last post by:
Each time I tried to save a record to MySQL (using ADO), I get this error "MySQL has gone away!" The service keeps stoping? Any suggestions? Tks John
by: Daz | last post by:
Hi everyone. I was faced with the choice of whether my problem is indeed a PHP problem or a MySQL. I have decided it's a PHP problem as I don't experience the same problem when I execute the...
by: Jerim | last post by:
I have a script on one server, trying to access the MySQL database on another server. The server with the script is on an outside network, hosted with another company. The MySQL server is here in...
by: Caffeneide | last post by:
I'm using a php script which performs three xml queries to other three servers to retrieve a set of ids and after I do a query to mysql of the kind SELECT * FROM table WHERE id IN ('set of ids');...
by: ziycon | last post by:
When i upload a file to a LargeBLOB bigger then 1MB i get 'MySQL server has gone away', how can i resolve this problem? I think it may have something to do with: max_allowed_packet = 1M There...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
In our work, we often need to import Excel data into databases (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) for data analysis and processing. Usually, we use database tools like Navicat or the Excel import...
by: taylorcarr | last post by:
A Canon printer is a smart device known for being advanced, efficient, and reliable. It is designed for home, office, and hybrid workspace use and can also be used for a variety of purposes. However,...
by: aa123db | last post by:
Variable and constants Use var or let for variables and const fror constants. Var foo ='bar'; Let foo ='bar';const baz ='bar'; Functions function $name$ ($parameters$) { } ...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
If we have dozens or hundreds of excel to import into the database, if we use the excel import function provided by database editors such as navicat, it will be extremely tedious and time-consuming...
by: emmanuelkatto | last post by:
Hi All, I am Emmanuel katto from Uganda. I want to ask what challenges you've faced while migrating a website to cloud. Please let me know. Thanks! Emmanuel
by: Sonnysonu | last post by:
This is the data of csv file 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 3 the lengths should be different i have to store the data by column-wise with in the specific length. suppose the i have to...
by: Hystou | last post by:
There are some requirements for setting up RAID: 1. The motherboard and BIOS support RAID configuration. 2. The motherboard has 2 or more available SATA protocol SSD/HDD slots (including MSATA, M.2...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.