473,320 Members | 2,092 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,320 software developers and data experts.

create dll file

Hi,
I want to create a dll file for all the icons a will need in my
application. Something like the "SHELL32.dll" in windows. Anybody know
where I can find some sample code to create something like that ?
Nov 20 '05 #1
1 10765
Hello,

"emmanuel" <eb******@mssi.ca> schrieb:
I want to create a dll file for all the icons a will need in my
application. Something like the "SHELL32.dll" in
windows. Anybody know where I can find some sample
code to create something like that ?

Tyically those DLLs are not created using .NET (no class libararies). You
may want to write an "empty" C++ DLL that includes the icons as Win32
resources. You can create such a DLL using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET. VC++
..NET comes with a resource editor which will make creating the ressources
easier. Maybe you can embed the icons into a .NET Class Libarary DLL by
compiling it from the command line ("vbc") and specifying a Win32 resource
file after the "/win32resource" switch.

--
Herfried K. Wagner
MVP · VB Classic, VB.NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet
Nov 20 '05 #2

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Frank Millman | last post by:
Hi all I need to generate potentially large reports from a database, and I want to offer the option of print preview before actually printing (using wxPython). I figure that the best way to...
by: dog | last post by:
I've seen plenty of articles on this topic but none of them have been able to solve my problem. I am working with an Access 97 database on an NT4.0 machine, which has many Access reports. I...
by: I_AM_DON_AND_YOU? | last post by:
There is one more problem I am facing but didn't get the solution. In my Setup Program I am not been able to create 2 things (when the program is intalled on the client machine ) : (1) create...
by: Michael Sperlle | last post by:
Is it possible? Bestcrypt can supposedly be set up on linux, but it seems to need changes to the kernel before it can be installed, and I have no intention of going through whatever hell that would...
by: barb | last post by:
So that the world at large benefits from our efforts, here is one fully documented way to use Windows Irfanview freeware to create thumbnail web galleries (http://www.irfanview.com). STEP 1:...
by: sandy | last post by:
I need (okay, I want) to make a dynamic array of my class 'Directory', within my class Directory (Can you already smell disaster?) Each Directory can have subdirectories so I thought to put these...
by: Vlad | last post by:
I am having problems using the file.create method within a function that is called when looping through an array of filepaths. If I call my function with a hardcoded file path --C:\Temp.txt the...
by: sanghavi | last post by:
how to create a set up project in vb.net..how to run an application on a different machine
by: brook | last post by:
hey all - i´m new to php and having trouble writing a simple code which should create a file. here is the most simplified version: <?php $content = "my content"; $path = "test.txt";...
by: lxyone | last post by:
Using a flat file containing table names, fields, values whats the best way of creating html pages? I want control over the html pages ie 1. layout 2. what data to show 3. what controls to...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: Vimpel783 | last post by:
Hello! Guys, I found this code on the Internet, but I need to modify it a little. It works well, the problem is this: Data is sent from only one cell, in this case B5, but it is necessary that data...
by: jfyes | last post by:
As a hardware engineer, after seeing that CEIWEI recently released a new tool for Modbus RTU Over TCP/UDP filtering and monitoring, I actively went to its official website to take a look. It turned...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.