473,324 Members | 2,501 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,324 software developers and data experts.

Scrolling A ListView

Hi,

How do you programmatically scroll a ListView control horizontally?
(The same effect as if the user used the horizontal scroll bar,)
I've done it in C++/MFC, but can't find the means in C#. Autoscroll
is enabled.

Also, I need to know if the user scrolls the ListView horizontally.

Thanks,
Gary
Nov 16 '05 #1
2 12494
Gary,

How did you do it in C++/MFC? If you are sending a windows message,
then you can easily do this by declaring the SendMessage function and call
it through the P/Invoke layer, passing the appropriate arguments.

Hope this helps.
--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mv*@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

"Gary Brown" <ga********@charter.net> wrote in message
news:uY**************@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Hi,

is enabled.

Thanks,
Gary

Nov 16 '05 #2
To scroll the listview horizontally, I believe you'll have to use the
SendMessage API, e.g.

[DllImport("user32")]
static extern IntPtr SendMessage(IntPtr Handle, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam,
IntPtr lParam);

protected void ScrollH(int pixelsToScroll)
{
const Int32 LVM_FIRST = 0x1000;
const Int32 LVM_SCROLL = LVM_FIRST + 20;
SendMessage(lvwList.Handle, LVM_SCROLL, (IntPtr) pixelsToScroll,
IntPtr.Zero);
}

To know when the user scrolls horizonatally, you'll need to capture the
WM_HSCROLL message in the WndProc() method, e.g.

protected override void WndProc(ref Message m)
{
const Int32 WM_HSCROLL = 0x114;

if (m.Msg == WM_HSCROLL)
HandleHorizontalScroll();

base.WndProc(ref m);
}

I'd recommend you subclass the ListView control and then add these methods
to it to achieve what you're looking for.

Ken
"Gary Brown" <ga********@charter.net> wrote in message
news:uY**************@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Hi,

is enabled.

Thanks,
Gary

Nov 16 '05 #3

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

by: Wiktor Zychla | last post by:
today we've found a critical issue regarding the ListView from Windows.Forms. it was confirmed on several machines with Win2K and XP. here's the problem: create a ListView with about 50000 rows....
by: SlantyOD | last post by:
Hi All, I'm trying to tie two ListViews together so that when the user scrolls one, the other stays 'in sync'. Since there are no OnScroll events, and the scroll bar position is unavailable,...
by: Tim Bücker | last post by:
Hello. I have a listview and a listbox. If the listbox gets vertically scrolled, the listview should make the same movement. So I have extended the listbox control: public class...
by: Tim Bücker | last post by:
Hello. Is it really not possible to hide the scrollbars of a listview ( this.listview.Scrollable = false; ) but do some scrolling anyway ( for instance: PostMessage(this.listview.Handle,...
by: Oddball | last post by:
Hello again, I have a problem that I can't seem to find any help for. I'm probably not typing the correct words into goo... *cough*... MSN. I have created a user control which I would like to...
by: Wicksy | last post by:
Hi all. I have a VB.NET app with a loop running that is continually managing a number of threads AND updating a ListView object depending on the results of the worker threads. The problem I...
by: Lars Netzel | last post by:
I have a long list of Items in a ListView... if I scroll down to something that is not visible without scrolling and then click on it I open another window where you can work with the details of...
by: Martin Horn | last post by:
Hi all, I want to implement a listview with editable subitems and I assume the easiest way is to overlay a textbox over the item to be edited. With this in mind I have come up with: Using...
by: Spam Catcher | last post by:
Hi all, Is it possible to do a console like scrolling window in a Windows Form app? The closest I've gotten is to use a RichTextBox and append text to it. However, after a while, there is...
by: Jarppi | last post by:
Hi All, Not sure how to go about this one. I've got a windows form with five ListView controls, each listing the files in a seperate folder. What I want to achieve is this: When I scroll any...
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: CloudSolutions | last post by:
Introduction: For many beginners and individual users, requiring a credit card and email registration may pose a barrier when starting to use cloud servers. However, some cloud server providers now...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.