473,322 Members | 1,703 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes and contribute your articles to a community of 473,322 developers and data experts.

Debugging in VBA - 2F) The Locals Pane

NeoPa
32,556 Expert Mod 16PB
Table of Contents - [Debugging in VBA]
Previous Chapter - [Debugging in VBA - 2E) The Object Browser Pane (F2)]
Next Chapter - [Debugging in VBA - 2G) The Watch Pane]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2F) The Locals Pane.
This shows all the local variables, including their current contents.

This can be useful to see the current state of all your important local variables. With this open you can check them every time you stop the code to check that they contain what you expect them to at the current stage of the process. Sometimes the contents of these variables are more important to the correct running of a routine than the code itself.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VBALocals.Jpg (18.8 KB, 705 views)
May 20 '07 #1
0 4828

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

by: Will McGugan | last post by:
Hi, On my dev machine (P4 1.7Ghz Win2K) debugging with Komodo is painfuly slow. There is a delay of several seconds when stepping over a single line of code. Debugging the same code with...
by: tstephan | last post by:
I am debugging a small app that normally runs in a few MB. When debugging the code below, my app bloats to 1GB (and more if I let it). Assembly ara = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAss­emblies();...
by: jim.eggleston | last post by:
I just figured out a reasonably decent way to use pdb in SciTE for debugging Python scripts. Debugging takes place in the SciTE output window. I have only tested this with SciTE on Windows. Here...
by: | last post by:
I cannot for the life of me get remove debugging to work. I continue to receive "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Verify that you...
by: Joseph S. | last post by:
hi all, debugging PHP applications interactively is possible, easy and free. I am talking about PHPEclipse and using it for debugging over several scripts or debugging through a session. Since I...
by: webmaster | last post by:
Dumb Noob question for sure. I've looked for the answer in two intro books and a cbt, and maybe I'm just missing it. I see when I do an F5 to debug and run my code ( a simple console...
NeoPa
by: NeoPa | last post by:
VBA executes whenever the code is triggered from within your project. This can be from all sorts of object events from simply opening a form to clicking on a command button. When something doesn't...
NeoPa
Table of Contents - Previous Chapter - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3) General Tips. The first and most important tip is...
NeoPa
Table of Contents - Previous Chapter - Next Chapter - General Tips] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2G) The Watch Pane. This...
jwwicks
by: jwwicks | last post by:
Introduction This tutorial describes how to use Visual Studio to create a new C++ program, compile/run a program, resume work on an existing program and debug a program. It is aimed at the...
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
isladogs
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
by: ArrayDB | last post by:
The error message I've encountered is; ERROR:root:Error generating model response: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000005140, which seems to be indicative of an access violation...
by: PapaRatzi | last post by:
Hello, I am teaching myself MS Access forms design and Visual Basic. I've created a table to capture a list of Top 30 singles and forms to capture new entries. The final step is a form (unbound)...
by: Defcon1945 | last post by:
I'm trying to learn Python using Pycharm but import shutil doesn't work
by: Shællîpôpï 09 | last post by:
If u are using a keypad phone, how do u turn on JavaScript, to access features like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram....
by: af34tf | last post by:
Hi Guys, I have a domain whose name is BytesLimited.com, and I want to sell it. Does anyone know about platforms that allow me to list my domain in auction for free. Thank you
by: Faith0G | last post by:
I am starting a new it consulting business and it's been a while since I setup a new website. Is wordpress still the best web based software for hosting a 5 page website? The webpages will be...
isladogs
The next Access Europe User Group meeting will be on Wednesday 3 Apr 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing by 19:30 (7.30PM). In this session, we are pleased to welcome former...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.